View Full Version : Hoodman Hoodloupe 3.0 LCD Viewfinder

Denny Gulvas
February 26th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Has anyone ever done any work with the Hoodman Hoodloupe 3.0 LCD Viewfinder on their LCD screen? I`ve worked with bigger viewfinders off the shoulder for years and find it a bit diffucult getting used to the smaller viewfinder directly on the back of the camera. What are your experiences with these magnified hoods?

Mike Beckett
February 27th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Denny,

I got a Hoodloupe EX1-R kit for my Sony V1 (oddly enough), but it all seems to fit OK. I haven't used in in anger, but it was bought in response to a long frustrating day in midwinter with very low, bright sunlight making it impossible to see the screen, even with a lens hood on it.

I've only used it around the house and garden for practice purposes, but find it very usable. I get a great field of view in the new "viewfinder", it makes focusing easier. It's OK on the tripod, but I don't like it when hand-holding - a shoulder-mount would help.

Only two drawbacks: seems a bit heavy for the V1 (it can droop down if left alone, it might be better on the Z5, but this seems harmless) and I have to take the rubber cup off the regular viewfiner so it doesn't poke me in the cheek.

I've attached a couple of pics. Quality isn't great (the screen is gone on my Lumix and I was guessing).

Dirk Pel
February 28th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Have a look here:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z5-hdr-fx1000/234913-lcd-hood-fx1000-2.html#post1146829

Dirk Pel

Dale Guthormsen
March 1st, 2010, 02:49 PM
Good afternoon,

SO, does it actually fit on the fx1000 properly?

Dale

Gan Eden
September 27th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Will it also fit the FX1?