View Full Version : Hands on with the NEW HPX370

Andy Shipsides
April 5th, 2010, 08:45 AM
If you haven't already heard, or read the rumors, today Panasonic announced their latest camera - the HPX370. The camera is very similar to the HPX300, with AVC-Intra 100 recording, but now with an improved sensor. I got to play with it awhile back and do some testing. See my video here -

At the Bench with Panasonic HPX370 | CineTechnica (http://blog.abelcine.com/2010/04/05/at-the-bench-with-panasonic-hpx370/)

Matt Gottshalk
April 5th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Very nice...noticeable improvements.

Dan Brockett
April 5th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Looks like they have really reduced the skew quite a bit, that is good to see.

Not sure what your white and black balance situation was Andy when you shot those tests but the blacks on the 300 look black while the blacks on the 370 looks kind of tan or green to me but this is from web clips so who knows. Definitely more sensitive and less noise. Can't wait to see a shootout between the 370 and the EX1R.

It looks as if Panasonic has made some good headway with the technology, I look forward to putting a 370 through its paces.

Dan

Paul Cascio
April 5th, 2010, 03:53 PM
How much does it cost?

Steve Phillipps
April 10th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Andy, great blog as always, much appreciated.
One thing I noticed was on the noise test. Yes the 370 has much less noise, but it seems to me that in the side by side shot with the 300 it's hugely soft by comparison. If this is the case you have to assume that it's a software noise reduction that's trading sharpness for noise.
Is this how you saw it?
Steve