View Full Version : Cineform in vegas and premiere

Mitja Popovski
April 7th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Can someone advise me why there is a difference if i convert .mov files into cineform avi using neoscene, or vegas. Neoscene are regular 16-235 converted less saturated and less contrast files, but if i convert in vegas( it takes the same amount of time) the avi files are darker and more saturated. I leave defoult settings for codec with 701 turned on, so do i stll need to aply vegas broadcast colors convert filter or not. In premiere default settings result in similar quality like neoscene converter, but playback of those files is strange and different, can someone explain this diferences.

Bill Binder
April 7th, 2010, 04:52 PM
You might be better off posting this in the Cineform Forum instead?

What's interesting is I find that converting in NeoScene to be much faster than converting from the Vegas timeline. The preferred method is from NeoScene because Cineform handles the colorspace issues of the canon files much better. If I'm not mistaken, a not-so-recent QuickTime update helped fix some of the colorspace issues, but you still can't quite just drop a color corrector effect on the clips because you get gapping (set preview of best full and look at a large version of the RGB parade in Vegas to see the gaps). But I'm no expert on this so take my comment with a grain of salt.