View Full Version : Sony XDCam transfer software v2.1

Scott Stoneback
April 8th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Hey, anyone having issues finding this software on the Sony site? Specifically, the software that allows import of MXF files into Final Cut?

I am following the links CD provides, (https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-software.aspx?model=pdzkp1), and searching through the XDCam pages.... and coming up with nothing. It says "not found".

Did Sony pull the software? Am I going nuts?

I upgraded FCP today so that I can view much of the footage from the Nano... and now I can't seem to find the MXF-MOV software. Awesome! I love computers!

Any help is appreciated.

Dan Keaton
April 9th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Dear Scott,

I have checked the links.

Yes, they are broken. It appears that Sony has removed these downloads.

I have been searching for replacement downloads and have not been successful, so far.

Personally, I wonder if they are in the process of updating their website, removing the old ones, but not putting the replacements in place.

I will be asking Sony at NAB on Monday.

I did find a Sony XDCam EX clip browser, but I feel that the replacement for the Sony XDCam Clip Browser, Version 2.30 is what we need.

Andrew Stone
April 9th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Scott,

Have you checked the XDCAM EX forum? There are a few posts within the past few weeks that take you directly to download links to Sony's recently updated software. The UK and Canadian Sony people manage their sites independently. You may find the software you need.

Scott Stoneback
April 9th, 2010, 10:42 AM
I did find it on the UK Site, through the XDCAM forum. Thanks!

Luben Izov
April 9th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Hey, anyone having issues finding this software on the Sony site? Specifically, the software that allows import of MXF files into Final Cut?

I am following the links CD provides, (https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-software.aspx?model=pdzkp1), and searching through the XDCam pages.... and coming up with nothing. It says "not found".

Did Sony pull the software? Am I going nuts?

I upgraded FCP today so that I can view much of the footage from the Nano... and now I can't seem to find the MXF-MOV software. Awesome! I love computers!

Any help is appreciated.

I just upload it for you on my website
The file will start downloading automatically. please download it ASAP I'll remove it in 2h
cheers

Scott Stoneback
April 9th, 2010, 11:29 AM
I've got it!

Luben Izov
April 9th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Good... I'll take it out...