View Full Version : Need help: Getting the Sony Wide Angle Adapter

William Griffin
April 9th, 2010, 08:13 AM
I have a chance to get the Sony VCL-EX0877 0.8x Wide Angle adapter and my question is:

I have a EX3 with the 14x1 Fuji Lens that came with the camera...so will this adapter work on the stock Fuji lens?

thanks

Michael B. McGee
April 9th, 2010, 07:41 PM
don't see why it wouldn't fit. are you sure you want a Sony adapter?
check out this link:
http://www.schneideroptics.com/pdfs/century/NAB2010_Promo.pdf

Frank Casanova
April 10th, 2010, 12:08 AM
I have the Sony wide angle adapter and it's a very nice lens that allows zoom-thru. As I recall, it was about $400 from B&H. Some adapters do not allow zoom-thru. So check that out. The Sony lens is made to fit the 77mm front of the EX1 Fujinon lens, so if you have a 77mm front tread, it should work. The Century sale mentioned above is good but is still more expensive to the "equivalent" Sony glass with the similar adapter cost $950. I would use a Wide Angle far more than any telephoto adapter. You'll love it.

Derek Reich
April 10th, 2010, 07:29 AM
I'm with Michael-
The Century adapters are known for superior optics. I have the .6x and love it... very light and easy to carry in a pouch or pocket, and it does have limited zoom through. All the Century WA adapters have some limited zoom, the .75 will zoom all the way through.

Dave Morrison
April 11th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Another vote for the Schneider x.6 adapter, and with that promo price, it's a no-brainer....unless you HAVE to have zoom-thru capability. Also, does anybody know if the sunshade they list on that same promo page fit the x.6 lens for the EX-1? They imply that it fits the WA adapters for the "Panasonic & Sony NX5, Z5, Z7" but no mention of the WA adapter for the EX-1. Anybody have the OVS-SS05-00 sunshade on their EX-1 with the x.6 WA?