View Full Version : Sony/Sandisk SxS Cards for Lenovo S10 Fail to Read

Russ Gutshall
April 18th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Greetings,

Has anyone experienced issues with either Sony 16gb or Sandisk 16gb SxS cards failing to mount or show up on their Lenovo S10 mini-laptop ? I bought one to make traveling much lighter - just to offload to Lacie Rugged HD's. The Lenovo will only recognize a Sony 8gb SxS card - but nothing else.

I have downloaded both the Sandisk SxS driver and the Sony SxS driver software - as well as ClipBrowser 2.6 -- but 16gb cards are still not recognized.

Appreciate it if anyone experiencing this type of issue - and resolved same - to contact me asap as I leave on extended trip in just 2 weeks. Thanks.

Russ Gutshall

Damian Heffernan
June 2nd, 2010, 06:10 AM
Resurrecting this thread:

I bought myself a windows PC to use as a travelling "cheap" laptop to offload SXS cards. Weird thing is that the e-films e-LCR cards are read in the express card slot fine but the SXS cards are not. I installed the sxs driver off the sony site but no luck. Anyone solved this sort of issue?

Tuy Le
June 2nd, 2010, 11:45 AM
Insert Sony SxS card into the Express/34 slot
Check "Device Manager" - under Disk Drives you should see "Sony SxS" there.
if not you will need to re-install the Sony SxS driver.

On the Express/34 slot, it has PCIe & USB connects. IF you installed SxS driver correctly and the computer didn't see the SxS card (can read "e-films e-LCR cards" = USB interface) , problem could be the PCIe interface failed.