View Full Version : Tim Dashwood's presentation at FCPUG Supermeet 2010

Pavel Houda
April 19th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Tim Dashwood had a nice introductory presentation at FCPUG SuperMeet, during the NAB 2010. It dealt with low cost entry into the 3D stereoscopy, and his time was cut to only 15 minutes, but appeared to be a hit. I took a short video there, which can be seen here: YouTube - FCPUG Supermeet 3D Stereoscopic Sample Video (http://www.youtube.com/profile?v=0NBfnI0h3Js&user=ComPH8#p/a/u/1/0NBfnI0h3Js) or here: FCPUG Supermeet 3D Stereoscopic Sample Red & Cyan Anaglyph Video on Vimeo . Thank you Tim for this and the cool Stereo3D Toolbox plug-in.

Sareesh Sudhakaran
April 20th, 2010, 02:22 AM
thanks. wish i could have seen the whole thing.

Chris Hurd
April 20th, 2010, 07:23 AM
That's pretty cool, Pavel -- I just watched your video using the same 3D
glasses that were handed out at that event (sorry I missed you there).

Pavel Houda
April 20th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Thank you. When I think of it now, I should have try to capture Tim's whole presentation, but I didn't really know what to expect, and I thought someone just wants to see the setup. I didn't expect a huge crowd and that I can find space close enough to the front to actually capture much at all. Then on the stage the lights were going straight at the lens so strongly, I actually had to go down below the stage to take a little bit of the audience, so that they can actually get some feel about the implementation of what Tim was talking about. There was supposed to be a 3D Beginner's Guide written by Tim at: SuperMag || Final Cut Pro User Group Network (http://supermeet.com/supermag/) , available for download, but so far they had some type of problem with a server, so the availability has been delayed. That article should be actually very good, since Tim's presentation time was cut short. His material is always very well clear and useful.

Chris Hurd
April 20th, 2010, 08:35 AM
We have an agreement with the SuperMeet folks which allows for
hosting Tim's article right here at DV Info Net. We'll have it on the
home page when it happens, so stay tuned.

Pavel Houda
April 20th, 2010, 10:21 AM
That is excellent! Tim is always very clear and helpful, and this forum is such a watering hole for many of us. Thank you.

Sareesh Sudhakaran
April 20th, 2010, 10:04 PM
that's great! Thanks.

Tim Dashwood
April 21st, 2010, 02:49 PM
It was a real rush-job but you can watch the stream from the Supermeet here:
Supermeet.com/live (http://supermeet.com/live/)

I don't think the Supermag has been published yet.

Next time I won't wear a black shirt against black curtains!

Bicky Singh
April 21st, 2010, 08:23 PM
Hi Tim,

Great presentation. You mentioned a pdf file thats located on the website. I wasn't able to find it, i was hoping you could point out where it can be found. I'd really like to take a look at what you've written up.

Thanks.

Bicky Singh
April 21st, 2010, 08:34 PM
Oh, my bad, I didn't realize you mentioned that the supermag hasn't been released yet.

I'll check back on the website later on.