View Full Version : ideal vegas setting for typical website blog talk to camera uploads advice please

Jenny London
May 3rd, 2010, 03:43 PM
I am brand new to vegas and video editing... so if I am doing simple talks to camera i.e. tips/coaching for my website and blog and youtube uploads what is a good enough quality settings to have vegas set to please guys?

(I would have thought for what I want it is surely pointless filming it in highest def setting with my hfs 10 video camera and have vegas keep it that way !)

having opened up and played with vegas 9 pro just for a few hours Please kindly let me known for example:

a) when I first set the project up ready to bring in the video and edit it what project new settings do I Use and select/choose ?

and
b) when I have done the edits and need to save and finally render ready to upload to you tube and my webite itself again what settings do I choose ?

please kindly give me the simple steps to do the above and bare in mind a good enough quality is all I am after - Given as said, ... when its only chats to the video camera and my tips etc doing it both indoors and sometimes out doors wanting to upload to my website and blog or up load to youtube .

many thanks
Jenny

Rainer Listing
May 4th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Hi Jenny
You don't have a choice, your HFS 10 captures at 1920X1080 resolution. Set the camera to P (Programmed AE). Set the bit rate to FXP. Set the frame rate to 30p. Have enough light. Put the camera on a tripod. For now, let the camera work out the exposure, aperture and focus. Don't just use the inbuilt microphone (the Canon DM100 microphone is adequate and probably even best for your purpose). Set Vegas to whatever you want the output you upload to be. If it's for YouTube, just keep the 1920X1080 30p fps settings. Edit, render Mpeg4 with 44.1KHz audio. Upload. Please let us know where to see it.

Jenny London
May 7th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Rainer thanks...god of you can't believe no one bothered to offer some advice aside from you again MANY thanks!

Ian Stark
May 8th, 2010, 02:55 AM
can't believe no one bothered to offer some advice aside from you

I'd have said that Rainer's response was pretty comprehensive and it came within 12 hours of your original post. What other (free) answers were you hoping for, out of curiosity?