View Full Version : Slow Motion - Audio and Video

Oliver Darden
May 5th, 2010, 03:46 AM
Is there a way in Vegas (8.0) to slow the audio track AND the video track down at the same time (together)? Like say I wanted to do a slow motion replay of someone falling on a skateboard and I wanted to have the audio slowed down as well as the video. I know how to use the Insert / Remove Envelope Velocity automation as well as change the playback rate but that's just slowing the video.

Thanks in advance.
O.D.

Thomas Moore
May 5th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Ctrl-Left Click drag the audio clip...

John Wiley
May 5th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Yeah thats quickest way. Hold down Ctrl then click and drag on the edge of the event as though you were lengthening it. You will see a zig-zag line appear on the clip if you are doing it right.

Edward Troxel
May 5th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Velocity Envelope = video only

Playback Rate = audio + video

Oliver Darden
May 5th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks everyone for the info

Ryan Laytart
May 13th, 2010, 07:44 PM
A note about the audio... I noticed when stretching in Vegas, you end up with an echo (moderate to severe) in the audio. A workaround for this is to play the non-stretched track at a slow speed in vegas while recording the audio with a program like soundforge. The you simply need to take the newly recorded audio and drop it into the timeline, under the event. This gives it the true slow-motion audio sound.

Perhaps I'm missing something in vegas, but this is the only way to avoid the echo, just in case you ever find the need for it.

To play the track at various slow speeds, hold K, while pressing L for each desired speed.

Ryan Laytart
May 13th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I just noticed the time stretch / pitch shift method. It's found by clicking "Properties" on an audio track. Change the method to "Elastique" and click "lock to stretch", and it seems to eliminate the echo when stretching.

Learn something new, everyday!