View Full Version : HPX 170 video shot in Tanzania

Daniel Weber
May 12th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Here is a "proof of concept" video that I threw together on Sunday for a client that I just shot for in Tanzania. None of the shots have been color corrected. I really love working with the color space of the HPX 170 images. When I shoot with an EX1, I have to boost the colors in post. Not so with the HPX 170.

I Am ADRA - Tanzania on Vimeo

Daniel Weber

Tom Klein
May 13th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Very Nice work,
Little HPX 170 gives great images for sure, well done Daniel, pan down had some grit on the lens, with a better viewfinder than what is supplied standard on the HPX you have had picked that up when shooting.
good use of soundtrack too..

Cheers
Tom K

Daniel Weber
May 13th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Tom,

Thanks. Yeah, it can be tough to keep the UV filter clean when shooting out in the bush. I tried to clean it as much as possible. The pan down shot was one that I grabbed real quick after shooting a different scene. Riding the iris was kind of a pain, but is workable with my Varizoom remote controller. I don't know how I could live without that thing. It makes shooting with the HPX 170 more like shooting with a big camera when it comes to manually controlling the settings.

I can't wait to do the real edit on the video and then add in the color correction. It should look nice..