View Full Version : Credit protocol for two sound mixers?

Marco Leavitt
May 20th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I just completed a four-day shoot in which the producer added a fifth day which I couldn't do because I was already booked on something else. The producer has asked me how to handle the credit for the second sound mixer and I'm not sure what to tell him. I'm thinking the second mixer should be listed as "additional sound," or something like that. Is there a protocol for this? Given that this is a short shoot, I do want the other guy (or gal) to have due credit.

Garrett Low
May 20th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Second Sound Unit

Garrett

Brian Drysdale
May 20th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Usually they list the names based on the number of days worked on the production. Sometimes a slightly smaller font size in the credits is used for the additional guys to distinguish from the main person, but often not.

Multiple sound credits are common on productions and can this happen with other crew members. On something like a short the bigger insult is not giving a credit.

Having more than one person doing a particular job on a short is not that unusual - especially if the short is a freebee and paying work comes in.

Jeffery Magat
May 20th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I go with additional sound mixer

Steve House
May 21st, 2010, 04:34 AM
I'd just go with Location Mixer as the category and list both names under it either alphabetically or in the order of the number of days they worked.

Location Mixers
Tom Mix
Fred Goldenears

Marco Leavitt
May 25th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks everyone.