View Full Version : Minor update to v5. - 5.0.1 (PC)

David Newman
May 21st, 2010, 12:53 PM
Build 5.0.1.257 of NeoHD, Neo4K & Neo3D
Added: New FirstLight navigation controls
F6 - play backward, F6 again faster
F7 - stop
F8 - play forward F8 again faster.
F9 - step back one second
F10 - step back one frame
F11 - step forward one frame
F12 - step forward one second
Added: A reset button to the Framing controls, rather clicking on the name of each line to reset.
Added: TIFF support added to DPX2CF
Enhanced: Undo behaves more logically in FirstLight.
Fixed: CS5 CineForm export now defaults that 3D rendering is off.
Fixed: White balanced cut and paste within FirstLight.
Fixed: Crash converting some m2ts files within HDLink.
Fixed: FirstLight keyframing color corrections on IP files.
Fixed: Handling 3D clips with the left eye flipped (Neo3D)

Now available form download form Cineform (http://www.cineform.com)

Edwin Baldwin
May 21st, 2010, 02:49 PM
I am running NeoHD Ver 5.01 Build 257 & win 7. This not a normal path but if you select Enable keyframes in in White Balance or Primary Colors Firstlight crashes.

If I load a clip, pick a white balance point, check enable keyframes, select remove keyframe, the color balance shifts dramatically to the red. If you select the add button, which turns on the enable keyframes you do not get the red shift.

Ed B

David Newman
May 21st, 2010, 03:20 PM
Enabling keyframes on no clips to enable them on -- interesting corner-case bug . I'm seeing the red shift, but only when not using "ADD", looking into that.

David Newman
May 21st, 2010, 03:40 PM
Very easy fix. As these are unlikely to cause issues in general use, we won't roll out a new build. But it is the fixed FirstLight.exe if you like http://www.cineform.com/downloads/FirstLightv501a.zip Replace the one in C:\Program Files (x86)\CineForm\Tools (use only on build 5.0.1.257 for NeoHD/4K/3D.)

Jay Bloomfield
May 21st, 2010, 04:25 PM
Enabling keyframes on no clips to enable them on -- interesting corner-case bug . I'm seeing the red shift, but only when not using "ADD", looking into that.

Check the beta thread. It was reported in a few places back there. Even if you have a clip loaded, enabling keyframes causes the "red shift". Disabling them causes the Temp to go to 2000 and the Tint to go to -1. It's still there for me at least, in Build 257 (clean uninstall/install).

David Newman
May 21st, 2010, 04:47 PM
It has been fixed, did you miss that? See my previous post.

Galen Young
May 26th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Added: New FirstLight navigation controls...
Thanks for posting that list -- I'm a recent convert upgrading NeoScene to NeoHD and am really getting into using FirstLight a lot. Is there a more complete list of keyboard shortcuts available? Will future versions of FirstLight offer the ability to customize keyboard shortcuts?

It would be nice to be able to map keys to each of the Active Metadata tabs, or even to the individual controls in each of the tabs. (and I'd love to see more visual feedback on which control is currently selected -- when tabbing between them I can see the tiny little selection outline, but something like a simple highlight would be nice.)

I've got all the shortcuts (that I know of) configured to a ShuttlePro controller that works pretty well, but again, it would be really nice to be able to jump back and forth between the Active Metadata tabs without clicking the mouse!

My last question -- does the FirstLight bundled with NeoHD work with the Tangent Wave (http://www.tangentdevices.co.uk/products_wave.asp), or will that only work with Neo4K as stated?

David Newman
May 26th, 2010, 02:51 PM
The keyboard short-cut and listed in the menus. The only item not in the menus are the playback and stepping controls that map to the F6 thru F12 keys.

the Tangent wave is supported on NeoHD, as it is with Neo4K and Neo3D (in particular.) We hope to add more control surface support. This will be popular solution Multi-Touch Control Surface Gradiest, from Act Focused Media, iPad iPhone Color Correction Video And Film Tools (http://actfocused.com/)