View Full Version : Better gain control

Allen Bartnick
June 10th, 2010, 07:44 AM
I want to shoot with manual gain but is there a way to have more than the 3 presets (l,m,h)? I know I can adjust the 3 gain presets using the menu but was hoping there is a way to set other buttons with a certain gain setting.

Thanks in advance.

Allen

Zach Love
July 19th, 2010, 08:26 AM
I haven't tried it, but there are user programmable buttons. I'd be surprised if you could toggle gain through those, but it could be an option.

Lou Bruno
July 20th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Yes....you can get a fourth. Let's say you normally keep the camera at 0 6 9-just as an example. Go into your MENU and set the AGC LIMIT (not the audio AGC) to 12 db or whatever you want as a limit. SO, for example, you are in a dark room but your manual limit via the toggle switch is set to 9. Simply flip up the AGC button to "ON" and you now have a fourth setting of your gain. Of course you can set your three gains to anything you want as is the same for the AGC-these were just examples.

I want to shoot with manual gain but is there a way to have more than the 3 presets (l,m,h)? I know I can adjust the 3 gain presets using the menu but was hoping there is a way to set other buttons with a certain gain setting.

Thanks in advance.

Allen