View Full Version : Captured video from a GL2 has super low audio in Final Cut?

Josh Hayes
June 30th, 2010, 01:43 PM
There were several camera ops (including myself) who filmed a corporate conference last week. The client preferred everything be shot in DV Wide. 1 of the 3 other camera ops filmed on a GL2. I reviewed the tapes he originally filmed, and the audio is quite low, but salvageable with a little magic in Soundtrack. However when I captured the footage it was significantly lower on 3 of the 6 tapes, and non-existent on the other 3 of 6 (other than the sounds of low level static {almost like room tone}).

As I said, the sound is there on the tapes themselves (albeit low), so I'm guessing, especially since i've never captured footage or edited, that perhaps its a mistake in the capture preset I chose? I picked DV NTSC Anamorphic. The video is fine and looks good, but as i said, the audio is jacked.

Do I need to chose a different preset? Or perhaps there's a specific preset I need to make for the GL2 instead of choosing one of Final Cut's pre-made presets?

*I captured 6 hours of footage along with 6 hours of footage from my V1U, 6 hours from an A1U, and 6 hours from an HVX. None of these other captures, had any low audio problems,

Graham Bernard
July 2nd, 2010, 06:24 AM
If the Camera was set to Manual, and the Audio Dials were set low, then that is what you get. Other than activating the Mic Attenuation, I am not aware of any Preset for Low Audio on the XM2?

What means of Audio recording on the XM2 did you have? External Mic? XLR adaptor? Beachtek? What?

I'd need more info?

Grazie