View Full Version : Wedding Photographer Fail

Warren Kawamoto
July 7th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Wedding Photographer Fail (http://www.vidiload.com/index.php?page=videos&section=view&vid_id=102086)

I just HAD to watch this twice! Close the ad first, on the top right of the player screen.

Don Bloom
July 7th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Maybe he should take a few less shots coming down the aisle and watch where he's going. :-)

I also liked the other guy grabbing the camera first. Who cares about the guy, he can be replaced but the camera, it's got all the images!

O|O
\--/

Lukas Siewior
July 7th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Wow - wasn't expecting this...

Actualy I feel sorry for this guy.

On the other hand - if those were 7D's they're water proof :-)

Vito DeFilippo
July 7th, 2010, 05:09 PM
I can just imagine the videographer chuckling to himself as the photog approached the water.

I mean, he coulda warned the poor guy!

Adam Haro
July 7th, 2010, 05:28 PM
I guess he could have warned him but he probably figured they would be even since he blocked his aisle shot the whole time.

Vito DeFilippo
July 7th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah, poetic justice then....

Warren Kawamoto
July 7th, 2010, 10:43 PM
I wonder how or if the photographer was able to shoot the rest of the day. Both cameras and lenses took a thrashing. Maybe he hijacked a guest's camera? Unless he was close to his house, he'd have to buy new clothes too.

Kelly Langerak
July 7th, 2010, 10:57 PM
I really wish I could see the next 2 minutes of this video with sound.

I wish this had the original sound then a techno beat.

Tom Bostick
July 8th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Wow - wasn't expecting this...

Actualy I feel sorry for this guy.

On the other hand - if those were 7D's they're water proof :-)
same here ,that would be really unfortunate for anyone
I really wish I could see the next 2 minutes of this video with sound.

I wish this had the original sound then a techno beat.

agreed ,what do you say after that

Rickey Brillantes
July 11th, 2010, 01:04 PM
I don't know why this guy is shooting multii-frames of the couple moving towards him, ridiculous! That's why there is video. dahh!!!

Dave Blackhurst
July 11th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Well it did look like the "video guy" was just someone sitting there manning a tripod... otherwise maybe you'd have seen a video of TWO guys going into the drink <wink>.

MEMO:
ALways check your path before backing up while shooting...

Johannes Soetandi
July 12th, 2010, 02:41 AM
I actually walked in reverse for a good 2 minutes shot on my last wedding. Lucky I didn't bump into anything but this serves me a good warning!

Lukas Siewior
July 12th, 2010, 05:09 AM
I actually walked in reverse for a good 2 minutes shot on my last wedding. Lucky I didn't bump into anything but this serves me a good warning!

I used to do that as well - then I changed the "style" and now I'm maybe walking 10-15 feet the most. Image is too shaky anyway. Now after watching this vid I might stop walking backwards all together.

Scott Hayes
July 12th, 2010, 07:40 AM
this has been me almost a few times. luckily, I stopped my momentum as I hit the edge of the
baptismal.

John Wiley
July 12th, 2010, 09:48 AM
As they are pulling him out you can see the little light is still illuminated on the camera's rear - so it looks like at least something on the camera was still working! Most importantly, I wonder if he was able to salvage the card?

Michael Ojjeh
July 12th, 2010, 02:11 PM
I really feel bad for the guy, but I don't understand why does he have to be so close to the B&G throughout the whole aisle, a little bit of zoom doesn't hurt but going in the water with your gear does !!!!!!!!

Mike Brice
July 12th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I am a photographer, listening and reading here to learn about video. When I shoot a wedding, I always bring a change of clothes - everything shoes, socks, underwear, pants, shirt - and I have two to three backup cameras, lenses, memory cards and flashes in the car.

So if this happened to me - which I hope it never does. I would change, pull the cards, grab the back-up gear and keep shooting.

Monday morning I would file a claim with my insurance, and have new gear in a few days.

I wonder how or if the photographer was able to shoot the rest of the day. Both cameras and lenses took a thrashing. Maybe he hijacked a guest's camera? Unless he was close to his house, he'd have to buy new clothes too.

Adam Haro
July 12th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Since we're sharing photog fails. This Jack A$$ was at a wedding we did a couple weeks back. He asked his assistant to hold the scrim between the groom and his bestman. When the groom turned around to get the ring for the exchange he bumped into the assistant. Needless to say the photog was a "friend" of the grooms father.

Adam Reuter
July 12th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Since we're sharing photog fails. This Jack A$$ was at a wedding we did a couple weeks back. He asked his assistant to hold the scrim between the groom and his bestman. When the groom turned around to get the ring for the exchange he bumped into the assistant. Needless to say the photog was a "friend" of the grooms father.

In fairness though I have been in this situation. It looks like the scrim was used to block the bride from being in the sun. Otherwise you'll have either an overexposed bride (like the bridesmaids appear) or a silhouetted groom with where they are standing.

I ended up exposing for the bride (sunny side) and fixing the groom/groomsmen in post. Thank goodness for 14-bit RAW files!

As goofy as it looks it was a good idea for the photos/video.

Adam Haro
July 12th, 2010, 11:58 PM
I understand the reasoning behind it and can definitely see doing that during the formal pictures, but during the ceremony is extremely invasive and distracting.

Warren Kawamoto
July 13th, 2010, 03:24 AM
I don't understand why does he have to be so close to the B&G throughout the whole aisle, a little bit of zoom doesn't hurt but going in the water with your gear does !!!!!!!!

My guess is that he's shooting with a super wideangle lens. His telephoto is hanging near his right hip.

John Wiley
July 13th, 2010, 05:29 AM
I don't understand why does he have to be so close to the B&G throughout the whole aisle

I shot a wedding a few weeks ago and I swear the photogrpaher must have shot the entire thing with the Tokina 11-16 or something similar. He was never more than 18 inches from the bride throughout the entire service and photo shoot.

I can't imagine shooting close-up portaits with a lens like that. Apart from being invasive to the couple's personal space, it's not a particularly flattering look. He appeared in almost every single shot I had, along with his assistant who was toting a remote flash. Even worse he was not certain and confident with his decisions - so he'd set up his assistant, position himself, take a few shots, review them, move his assistant and then re-shoot the same setup, sometimes 2-3 times.

Ian McElroy
July 14th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I love the fact that as the Photographer is falling, the bride is walking off towards her car etc.. The groom did notice - but she has him walking on out of the church!!