View Full Version : Search results for tagged online video

David Hurdon
July 17th, 2010, 07:33 AM
I've been reading whatever I can find toward selling online video profiles, such as TURNHERE produces, and one claim I found hard to believe is that video is 53 times more likely than text to appear on page one of search results. I don't have any trouble believing it today.
Last week I uploaded a client video to three UGC sites. In each case I accepted the offer to add a description and a string of key words. In less than two days I was getting first page listings on YouTube and Google, using several of the key words with which the video was tagged. I also ran it through Veeple.com, taking advantage of their 30-day free trial to add interactive elements like links and pdf downloads. Veeple's interactivity only works where you can use their embed code, like your site or blog, or any site you persuade to paste the code into, but where it works it's pretty cool, and equally well tagged for search. The Veeple version is at NetVideoMaker.Com (http://www.websitevideo.blogspot.com) in a post one down from the top. And if you want to put my experience to the test, enter "recumbent jerseys" into the YouTube search box. I'll cross my fingers that what worked for me works for you. My most recent post contains a link to the paper I've written out of my recent research and a couple of the illustrations are screen caps of my search results for "Reverse Gear", a Toronto-based maker and distributor of recumbent clothing.