View Full Version : Portable Media Tank

Ervz Tia
July 24th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Hello,

I've been looking at portable data storage to be used in the field for my Z7 clips from CFcard.
What would recommend?

Here's a link from B&H: Stand Alone Data Storage (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ns=p_OVER_ALL_RATE|1&ci=3369&N=4287966885)

thanks!

--
ervz

Dirk Pel
July 25th, 2010, 04:13 AM
I use a Nexto. Just to now no problems!
Dirk PEL

David Dwyer
July 26th, 2010, 02:34 AM
What about the directory structure the MRC1K creates will this be effected when I get the files back to the PC? Will the Sony program still create all the files correctly?

Ervz Tia
July 27th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Thanks. Nexto looks cool.
I also found the Wolverine PicPac II, anyone tried it?
We're on a tight budget.

Zach Love
July 27th, 2010, 09:30 AM
What about the directory structure the MRC1K creates will this be effected when I get the files back to the PC? Will the Sony program still create all the files correctly?

Ditto. If it loses the meta data then it is useless. If you can copy EVERYTHING, then these would be great tools.

Dirk Pel
July 27th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Everything from the card is 1:1 complete copied to the Nexto.
There is nothing lost!
Dirk PEL(NL)

Ervz Tia
July 27th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks guys.

The way I'm doing it is pretty straight forward: shoot to card, manually browse card, grab m2t files to server, import to Avid.

I'm not sure how these portable devices manage files. I hope they just faithfully copy the card contents. I mean I wouldn't mind it auto-creating a sequence of folders to ID the cards.

Keep it coming guys!

Ervz Tia
August 15th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Hello,

We found a China version of the device when we went to Hongkong last week. It's called the DataBank by MagicPro.

Works pretty well. It does what we want it to do. We got it for about 720 HK (93 US).

Here's it is in action - Transferring about 14gigs in less than an hour: