View Full Version : left to right mirror...need help

Martin Wiosna
August 10th, 2010, 08:13 PM
i have a clip of 2 guys talking. there is a flag in the back but its backwards. is there a way to mirror the image so that the guy on the left is on the right and the flag becomes correct?

i thought the reverse funciton (when you right click on the properties of the actual media clip) would solve that but it only makes it go from end to start...

thanks as always

Don Bloom
August 10th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Right "Reverse" does just that. The clip/event that is reversed plays in reverse. So we got that point.
To flip the clip/event you need to go into the pan/crop and flip the image there.

Martin Wiosna
August 10th, 2010, 08:50 PM
thanks for that. i guess i was panning it wrong, couple tries and i got it right. appreciate it!

Adam Stanislav
August 10th, 2010, 09:43 PM
And you could simply use my Dunaj plug-in (http://www.pantarheon.org/Dunaj/) which is much simpler than pan/crop.

Edward Troxel
August 11th, 2010, 06:31 AM
It's pretty easy to click on the Pan/Crop icon, right-click the image, and choose "Flip".

Adam Stanislav
August 11th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Yes, it is easy to choose. But the pan/crop does more internal processing, so it takes longer. The dedicated flip does nothing but flipping, so its internal processing is simpler, and is easier on the computer.

Don Bloom
August 11th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Do you mean it takes longer to do or to render?

The reason I ask is I just tried a 44 second clip and it took absolutely no time to flip the image. I went into the pan/crop menu went to flip horizontal and it was done. Now I admit I did not render the clip but I don't see how flipping the clip in this way would cause any slowdown in rendering. Cropping the image yes, I can understand that but flipping...? Perhaps even after using Vegas since version 2 I'm missing something. Could you explain in laymans terms what you mean by your statement about it being slower than your plugin.
Thanks

Adam Stanislav
August 11th, 2010, 03:46 PM
It has to make more decisions, so it has to take longer. If the difference is not noticeable, good.

Martin Wiosna
August 12th, 2010, 10:44 PM
It's pretty easy to click on the Pan/Crop icon, right-click the image, and choose "Flip".

I'd be so lost without the pro's like your self on this forum!

Thank you.

I was doing it the long way, by unselecting the lock aspect ratio in the pan/event and dragging right end to left end...

this is much simpler and cleaner! thanks again!!!