View Full Version : How to make a playable Blu Ray disk?

Dan Lambert
August 12th, 2010, 08:16 PM
I've got Sony Vegas Pro 8. My camera is an XH A1. So far I've only made compressed videos for the web. I'm ordering a Blu Ray burner for my computer... I'm wondering how I go from Vegas to making a Blue Ray disk that will play in a normal home entertainment player.

Thanks for any advice.

Edward Troxel
August 13th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Instead of rendering for the web, you render for a DVD. Then you use DVD Architect to create and burn the DVD.

Dan Lambert
August 13th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Instead of rendering for the web, you render for a DVD.
Can you expand on that a little? What codex or setting should I use?

Then you use DVD Architect to create and burn the DVD.

I just checked out DVD Architect and it's only $40. I'll buy it.

Edward Troxel
August 13th, 2010, 11:12 AM
DVD Architect isn't sold separately from Vegas. If you purchased Vegas, unless it was some special bundled version of some sort it should have included DVD Architect.

Choose Sony AVC as the output file type during rendering and you'll find a LOT of "BluRay" presets.

Dan Lambert
August 13th, 2010, 04:54 PM
DVD Architect isn't sold separately from Vegas. If you purchased Vegas, unless it was some special bundled version of some sort it should have included DVD Architect.

Choose Sony AVC as the output file type during rendering and you'll find a LOT of "BluRay" presets.

Thanks, I guess I need to spend a little more time checking out my Vegas program :)

Edward Troxel
August 13th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Dan, I was just in St. Louis a couple days ago. Already know one day I'll be back next month.

Dan Lambert
August 14th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Biz or pleasure? BTW, just checked your website and have it bookmarked. Lots of good stuff there.

Dan

Edward Troxel
August 14th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Doctors appointment. Only takes about 30 - 45 minutes there, though. E-mail me an I can tell you when we'll be there next.

Dale Guthormsen
August 14th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Dan,

The quickest easiest way is to go to tools, burn disc, selct blu ray; makes a single playable movie with out menus and such.

DVD Arc is great for full features!! Render as MP2 mainconcept 25 mbts/s, and under same title render AC 3 audio. Drag video file onto menu window in DVD Arc and it brings the audio with it. all pretty easy!!!

Michael Threadgold
August 15th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Dale, I use your approach but for Pal.DVD comes out fine but DVDA doesn't allow me to save as normal- won't let me alter the filename from the last SD project. Do you get this problem? Michael