View Full Version : Sync audio plugin for Vegas 8?

Jacob Burson
August 14th, 2010, 10:37 AM
I shot some video with a canon T1i (30 fps) and captured audio with Zoom H2. The audio/video gradually gets out of sync with the Zoom H2 audio getting ahead of the video/audio from the T1i.

Recently i read a post on this forum that mentioned a plug-in or tool for vegas that sync'd audio clips. Does anyone know about it? I searched the forum, for a while but could not find it anywhere.

Mike Kujbida
August 14th, 2010, 12:01 PM
PluralEyes (http://www.singularsoftware.com/pluraleyes.html) is probably the software you were thinking of but, due to the drift (a known issue with the H2), it's going to take some work to get it to do what you want.
The recommended procedure is to chop it into ~10 min chunks, being careful to do so in quiet spots and at zero crossings, then let PluralEyes do the lining up for you.

The other way (without buying PluralEyes) is to stretch/shrink the audio from the H2 using the Ctrl key until it's the same length as the video.
Pro 9 has an audio feature called Elastique that will help getting the pitch to remain the same after stretching.
It's found by clicking "Properties" on an audio track. Change the method to "Elastique" and click "lock to stretch", and it seems to eliminate the echo when stretching.

Jacob Burson
August 14th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks, Mike.

That's the method I used after I posted, but I'll look into pluraleyes also. That is the software I was looking for.

I wonder if Vegas 8 has a way to easily adjust the pitch when stretching the audio? Either way, my video clips are not too long, so syncing is not a problem really.

Mike Kujbida
August 14th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Jacob, you do the same thing in Pro 8 but choose "Classic" as "Elastique" isn't an option.