View Full Version : "NO MORE TEARS" - Short for Ridley Scott/Philips Contest

Jean-Michel Tari
August 16th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Hi,

here is my latest short movie made with aCanon 7D
I Hope you'll like it...

YouTube - NO MORE TEARS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m50lP_i74F8)

Cheers

Jean-Michel

Jon Braeley
August 16th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Brilliant!

Heath Vinyard
August 18th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Very nice.

Lee Tamer
August 25th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Did you only use one Canon 7D for this? If so I'm very impressed

G. Lee Gordon
August 28th, 2010, 12:39 AM
You are so talented that it's not even fair. Why don't you sign with Lucas Films and make your movie already!

Can you tell us more about the shoot? What lenses you used? Etc. Do you ave a behind the scenes video?

Martin Campbell
August 30th, 2010, 05:54 PM
in a word - Wow!

Lee Tamer
August 31st, 2010, 09:16 AM
You are so talented that it's not even fair. Why don't you sign with Lucas Films and make your movie already!

Can you tell us more about the shoot? What lenses you used? Etc. Do you ave a behind the scenes video?

Im also curious as to how much was green screen etc and how many cameras were used

Bryan Cantwell
September 1st, 2010, 06:57 PM
With that on your reel, I have to ask... Why are you entering contests?!?

That clip should easily get you a nice big-budget contract, especially if it was self-produced...

Henry Olonga
September 2nd, 2010, 01:08 PM
Wow, wow wow. I am very impressed!!! This is where it's at. That was amazing. Much better than the usual ducks and landscapes and test videos we seem to have around us all the time. Very inspiring. Can I just ask - what software was used for the CGI stuff? Veyr interested in going that route soon now that I have my gear.

Just been to his Youtube page and discovered that he is the Cinematic director at Ubisoft. Hmmmmmmmmm might explain why he knows a thing or two about 3D. Awesome.

John Mercer
September 7th, 2010, 08:45 AM
I would love to know what your budget was. It is extremely well made and shows just what can be achieved even in the demanding CGI area and what fantastic talent is out there. Very good sound design too!

Best of luck with the competition but if it doesn't win something I'd be gobsmacked.

Jean-Michel Tari
November 1st, 2010, 09:50 AM
Hi all,

just to let you know that I've just posted a little Making-Of of No More Tears.
I hope you'll like it.

YouTube - "No More Tears" - MAKING OF (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUYhfvQ2dmY)

Cheers

Jean-Michel

Xin Jin
December 1st, 2010, 05:44 PM
Wow
fantastic. did you do this all with only the 7d? unbelieveable stuff. what program did you use and how did you learn to use it so damn good? btw are you giving lessons?

chapeau =)