View Full Version : WTB Instructional DVDs/coursework for our interns

Ted Bragg
August 25th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Our church video/media team has grown, and most of the volunteers have no working knowledge of cameras, f-stops, shutter speeds -- we need either a how-to series on dvd, or an instructional course of some kind that covers everything. We'll be doing alot of hands-on training, and having a course would help.

Any suggestions?

Bill Davis
August 25th, 2010, 07:52 PM
CHRIS/MODERATOR NOTE: This is in response to a direct board question - if it violates the "don't sell stuff here unless you're a sponsor - I'll understand and you can pull the post if you like.

To the OP.
If you want a self-contained program that teaches all the basics of non-linear editing - including footage to edit that is purpose shot to include editing challenges and that has on-screen lessons that take students step-by-step through solving common problems - I created one years ago and it's for sale on my web site.

While it's not SPECIFIC to shooting - by learning the edit skills and what makes good CAMERA COVERAGE - it would help anyone learning to shoot in their understanding of the kind of shots needed to take into editing for a solid program.

BTW, the Young Editors Edition was specifcally created to be youth-friendly presenting material that present no content issues (even a glass of wine on a dinner table!) for groups like churches. Just a FYI.

www.starteditingnow.com

Good luck

Ted Bragg
August 26th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Wonderful! Thanks so much. Any others that cover the shooting / photography aspects?