View Full Version : Your Blu-Ray Solution Export from Final Cut

Kelly Langerak
September 1st, 2010, 03:24 PM
I've given up on using Compressor for now to create my Mpeg-2 Elementary Stream files. I've discovered Encore and will be using it for now. It's really easy to use and blu-ray is amazing. Anyways, how would you convert a file for Encore (Blu-ray) w/o using Compressor or Premiere? Can Mpeg Steamclip do this or another simple program to convert my QT files to Mpeg 2 Elementary Stream?

Thanks.

William Hohauser
September 1st, 2010, 04:20 PM
Encore will convert Quicktime into h.264 or MPEG2 HD files. You can also tell Compressor to not burn a BluRay disc but just make the files. This is in the job action tab.

Dave Partington
September 2nd, 2010, 03:47 AM
I use compressor to make the mpeg2 or h264 streams ready for blu-ray then import tat in to Encore. I've found that letting Encore handle the transcoding makes a mess of things from time to time and you don't know if it's good or bad until you've watched the entire blu-ray disc, then have to go back and do it all over again.

William Hohauser
September 2nd, 2010, 06:09 AM
Yes, that's been my experience with Encore also. I also have had problems with BluRay discs working once or twice in a BluRay player and then stopping. It seems that some BluRay players seem to actually burn the media into failure but others don't. Which BluRay media do you use?