View Full Version : O/T A funny/tense moment...

Perrone Ford
September 6th, 2010, 12:24 AM
I thought I'd share a little story that happened to me the other day...

I decided to go try out some photographic techniques that I had not used in many years, and to try my first stab at macro photography. Since I got a late start to my day, I decided to stop by a lovely locale near me that often hosts indoor/outdoor weddings.

After a couple of hours shooting nature, and some macro work, I packed up my things to leave. I could see a wedding was going to take place in the near future. The bartender was stocking the bar. The lovely bride was checking on things, and as I proceeded down the hill toward my car, I saw what looked to be a grandmother walking with a very young lady. Both dressed very nicely. I smiled at them both and the older woman looked at me very quizzically, then stopped dead in her tracks. She asked me...

"Where are you going?"

"Home" I replied.

"Home?!"

I thought for a moment then realized why she looked so alarmed and puzzled....

"Yes, I am not your photographer for the day..."

She breathed a sigh of relief, and we both went on our way!

Though I have never been a wedding photographer, I would certainly hope that someone in the position would not show up in military fatigue pants and a long sleeve t-shirt. How she confused me for the wedding photographer I will never know. I guess anyone with a tripod and a camera bag in a public park is fair game though!

Philip Howells
September 6th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Perrone, I think that says more about the photographers in your area than anything else. I have never regretted our decision to dress as formally as the wedding party.

Jordan Nash
September 7th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I thought I'd share a little story that happened to me the other day...

I decided to go try out some photographic techniques that I had not used in many years, and to try my first stab at macro photography. Since I got a late start to my day, I decided to stop by a lovely locale near me that often hosts indoor/outdoor weddings.

After a couple of hours shooting nature, and some macro work, I packed up my things to leave. I could see a wedding was going to take place in the near future. The bartender was stocking the bar. The lovely bride was checking on things, and as I proceeded down the hill toward my car, I saw what looked to be a grandmother walking with a very young lady. Both dressed very nicely. I smiled at them both and the older woman looked at me very quizzically, then stopped dead in her tracks. She asked me...

"Where are you going?"

"Home" I replied.

"Home?!"

I thought for a moment then realized why she looked so alarmed and puzzled....

"Yes, I am not your photographer for the day..."

She breathed a sigh of relief, and we both went on our way!

Though I have never been a wedding photographer, I would certainly hope that someone in the position would not show up in military fatigue pants and a long sleeve t-shirt. How she confused me for the wedding photographer I will never know. I guess anyone with a tripod and a camera bag in a public park is fair game though!
You should have accepted the gig. ;-)