View Full Version : Shooting in public - releases, signs, etc.

Alex DeJesus
September 10th, 2010, 12:45 PM
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/44507-disclaimer-sign-notice-public-shoot.html

I have seen some older posts on this topic like the one above, but looking for fresh insight. I am videotaping bands in nightclubs and sometimes outdoors. Videos end up on YouTube, etc. and possible DVD sales. I am thinking I should post signs to warn people that they may be on video. I need to know what the proper wording should be for such a sign and whatever else I should do to avoid trouble.

I am invited by the bands and the venues verbally, but I am not comfortable with that. I plan to bring with me a location release and individual or band release forms to the gigs. What are your thoughts?

Chris Davis
September 10th, 2010, 01:06 PM
I am thinking I should post signs to warn people that they may be on video. I need to know what the proper wording should be for such a sign and whatever else I should do to avoid trouble.

My only advice - don't bust your butt (or budget) trying the find the perfect wording for the sign. It's just smoke and mirrors to convince attendees not to complain about being recorded.