View Full Version : Quadro SDI in PP5

Kaspar Kallas
September 26th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Hi

Is it possible to monitor dual link SDI stereo in PP over Nvidia SDI outputs?

Thank You
-Kaspar

David Newman
September 26th, 2010, 10:18 AM
If is it not currently (not my area) it will be as we support that in FirstLight now.

Kaspar Kallas
September 28th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Hi

I dont know much about PP or Nvidia so I will ask more plain questions before running out and dropping huge amount of money on a card that I might need.

1. Is it possible to use Nvidia SDI in PP at all?
2. Will cineform work with Nvidia SDI in PP or firstlight?
3. The stere output question....

Maybe there are somebody out here using Nvidia SDI monitoring option, then how reliable is it (I have heard that their support is worse than AJA or BMD)?
Is there any advantage to use Nvidia SDI, better support for RT because rendering happens on same card?

Thank You
-Kaspar

Jake Segraves
September 29th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Yes its possible. Here's how:

1. in the NVidia Control Panel, go to the Workstation Heading and in the 'Send Graphics to SDI Output' section select the "Do not send SDI Outupt" option. This will prevent the card from sending the contents of your windows screen to the SDI ouput.

2. in Premiere, using a CineForm sequence, launch the playback settings options and in the NVidia Dropdown menu select the setting that matches the expected input on your preview device. Ideally this should also match your timeline settings. Keep the 3D playback check box selected for 3D playback. Unchecking this will initiate Left Eye only playback.

Note: 3D Playback is 8-bit only.

In First Light you get to the OpenGL Playback Settings through 'View' menu. Then select the NVidia options the same as you would in premiere (above).