View Full Version : need some help

Umar Abid
October 5th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Hi I need some help can some body help me I need them to edit a mp3 file that I have I have tried to do it myself but I am hopeless at audio files. Ok there is a baby crying in my mp3 can some remove it for me? I think the base is too high as well.

Jeffery Magat
October 5th, 2010, 01:34 PM
baby crying? Sounds like you'll need the reshoot filter (courtesy of Ty Ford).

Umar Abid
October 5th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Hi I have no idea what do you mean?

Steve House
October 5th, 2010, 03:12 PM
"Using the reshoot filter" is a humorous term meaning that in many cases where there is interfereing noise like a baby crying sitting on top of the sound you want to hear, it may not even be possible to fix it by editing. In such cases, the only way to get clean audio is to go back out and shoot the scene over again, this time without the baby being present. Why don't you post the file so we can listen to it? Once we know what you have to deal with, maybe we can come up with some ideas that would help.

Umar Abid
October 5th, 2010, 03:46 PM
ok but where do I post the file?

"Using the reshoot filter" is a humorous term meaning that in many cases where there is interfereing noise like a baby crying sitting on top of the sound you want to hear, it may not even be possible to fix it by editing. In such cases, the only way to get clean audio is to go back out and shoot the scene over again, this time without the baby being present. Why don't you post the file so we can listen to it? Once we know what you have to deal with, maybe we can come up with some ideas that would help.

Chad Johnson
October 6th, 2010, 04:39 PM
When you open up a new message box, scroll down. You see "Manage Attachments". There you can upload a file. I'm not sure if it will do mp3s though.

Umar Abid
October 7th, 2010, 05:58 AM
I don’t see anything like that? It’s not their I can post a screen shot if you like?

Richard Crowley
October 7th, 2010, 07:43 AM
"I don’t see anything like that? It’s not their I can post a screen shot if you like?"
Are you asking about what the sound LOOKS like? Or what it SOUNDS like?

The Manage Attachment button looks fine to me. Did you scroll down to look for it?

Umar Abid
October 7th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Here is what it lookis like
Imageshack - ghghhgn.jpg (http://img203.imageshack.us/f/ghghhgn.jpg/)
so you see its not there:(

Chad Johnson
October 7th, 2010, 12:49 PM
That's odd. You should write the mods.

Adam Gold
October 7th, 2010, 12:55 PM
As a new member with very few posts, it's likely he just doesn't have access to that yet.

Jim Andrada
October 8th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Umar,

Is there any reasonable amount of time where the baby ISN'T crying? In other words, are there a few seconds or more when the only sound on the clip is the sound you want to keep?

If so there MIGHT be a way to improve your situation. No guarantee, but maybe it could work. So please let me know the answer to the above and if it is "yes" we can think about how to proceed.

Chad Johnson
October 8th, 2010, 12:45 PM
In iZotope RX you just select the baby cry (you can see it visually in the spectrum) and remove it. Chances are it's higher in pitch than the person talking, so it's possible to remove it without cutting into their voice.

Umar Abid
October 9th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Hi here is the file
http://rapidshare.com/files/424020693/New_WinRAR_archive.rar
I don’t really know much about audio I only know how to delete it can someone please edit the mp3 for me as i don’t really know what i am doing can anyone help me?

Steve House
October 9th, 2010, 11:07 AM
What the ..????? What does 2 versions of Jackie Chan singing a movie theme in Chinese have to do with editing a baby's cries out of an interview segment? That's what the link you posted pointed to on RapidShare.

I'm hearing occasional distortion likely caused by overloading the recording inputs. Nothing can be done about that except to re-record it properly. The second version of the track also has dropouts at :08 and :11 into the track also at 1:38, 1:43, 1:53

Umar Abid
October 9th, 2010, 11:29 AM
the dropouts at :08 and :11 into the track also at 1:38, 1:43, 1:53 are the parts where you can hear the baby crying I like to listen to this and I have had 0 luck with iZotope RX 2 as I deleted the parts and when I go to repair it in iZotope RX 2 it does not work. Well it may work but I have not done any audio work before. Also I listen to this all day long and the baby sound is driving me nuts.Also there is no official soundtrack of this song so I have no other chose but download a YouTube version.

Jeffery Magat
October 9th, 2010, 11:57 AM
You can't just delete big sections of a track and have software try and rebuild it... it doesn't work like that.

Chad Johnson
October 9th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Umar you have to provide the original file that has not been worked on yet.

Steve House
October 9th, 2010, 01:54 PM
the dropouts at :08 and :11 into the track also at 1:38, 1:43, 1:53 are the parts where you can hear the baby crying I like to listen to this and I have had 0 luck with iZotope RX 2 as I deleted the parts and when I go to repair it in iZotope RX 2 it does not work. Well it may work but I have not done any audio work before. Also I listen to this all day long and the baby sound is driving me nuts.Also there is no official soundtrack of this song so I have no other chose but download a YouTube version.

Are you saying the file labeled "V1" has a baby crying at those points in the file but the one labeled "V7" has had them cut out? For the life of me I can't hear any baby crying in either clip you posted. I do hear a bit of high melody at those points in V1, a rhythmic piping "tah dah tadeedledadah" played on something that sounds sort of like an ocarina, pan pipe, or native flute but it's definitely part of the music, not something interfereing with it. And in case you're wondering, I isolated those segments and looped them for playback on a good quality audio workstation (Sony SoundForge, Echo Audio interface, Mackie mixer, JBL Pro LSR4328 monitor speakers, Sony MDR7506 headphones). No baby there that I could hear.

Tools like Rx don't fill in gaps left by cutting like you did in V7. What they can do is remove specific groups of frequencies while leaving others intact. If you had an AC mains hum, for instance, Rx could remove the exact frequencies involved without seriously affecting the other sounds too much. But it won't take a gap of silence and fill it in by rebuilding the music that was originally in it.

Chad Johnson
October 9th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Actually Steve RX can replace the audio in drop-outs within reason. Not is a situation with dialogue of course, but if it's a sustained note or something like that it can sort of synthesize the information.

Check this video at arouns :35 sec.

YouTube - iZotope RX - Overview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im2b--e7xCA)

Umar Abid
October 9th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Hi the 1.Little Big Soldier Main Theme - Jackie Chan v1 this was two YouTube flv and then i converted it and that I merged and edited it together as mp3 even though I did not know much about audio here is the original flv the link is
http://rapidshare.com/files/424092875/New_WinRAR_archive.rar
Hope you can help me with this I don’t want to be such a pain it’s just I really like the song.

Steve House
October 9th, 2010, 02:14 PM
A note, yes. But a full bar or two of complete music where there is only silence??????

Umar Abid
October 9th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Yes the V1 had the baby crying in it and V7 I just took out the baby crying. The baby does not cry when he song it’s just in beginning of the music not the song. I did not notice at first but ones you listen to all day long you kind of have sixth sense of where and when the baby is crying.

Are you saying the file labeled "V1" has a baby crying at those points in the file but the one labeled "V7" has had them cut out? For the life of me I can't hear any baby crying in either clip you posted. I do hear a bit of high melody at those points in V1, a rhythmic piping "tah dah tadeedledadah" played on something that sounds sort of like an ocarina, pan pipe, or native flute but it's definitely part of the music, not something interfereing with it. And in case you're wondering, I isolated those segments and looped them for playback on a good quality audio workstation (Sony SoundForge, Echo Audio interface, Mackie mixer, JBL Pro LSR4328 monitor speakers, Sony MDR7506 headphones). No baby there that I could hear.

Tools like Rx don't fill in gaps left by cutting like you did in V7. What they can do is remove specific groups of frequencies while leaving others intact. If you had an AC mains hum, for instance, Rx could remove the exact frequencies involved without seriously affecting the other sounds too much. But it won't take a gap of silence and fill it in by rebuilding the music that was originally in it.

Steve House
October 9th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Hi the 1.Little Big Soldier Main Theme - Jackie Chan v1 this was two YouTube flv and then i converted it and that I merged and edited it together as mp3 even though I did not know much about audio here is the original flv the link is
http://rapidshare.com/files/424092875/New_WinRAR_archive.rar
Hope you can help me with this I don’t want to be such a pain it’s just I really like the song.

I still don't hear any baby crying on either flv track. I hear that piping I mentioned before, not sure what the instrument is - it may be a keyboard instead of an ocarina, it sounds kind of organ like after all.

Umar Abid
October 9th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I don’t have Sony SoundForge can I ask can you to upload the looped version please?

Umar Abid
October 9th, 2010, 02:44 PM
The baying is crying in it it’s just someone put the music on top of the baby crying and put the baby crying lower than a bit so all you hear is more of the music than baby crying it’s their me be I on the pc if you put up speakers to full blast and play it it’s there. I don’t know why you cannot hear it it’s their as I said its like someone just put the music on top of the crying baby it’s their why don’t you ask other people that you know? I am not crazy it’s their they baby crying. It’s in the 油菜花 FT 王媞 Jackie Chan Little Big Soldier Song.flv that’s the one where there is a baby crying I only used this for the beginning of the song before he sang the song then I used this by copy and paste method for the second part of the song. But their was baying crying in it I did not notice myself until I loped in vlc then I heard the baby crying at just before the song sung so you see as I used copy and paste it’s in the original flv. I need a loop for the begging and then a second part of the song before he sings the second part or if some can take that dam baby sound out.

Steve House
October 9th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Sorry, but I jst don't hear any baby crys.

Jim Andrada
October 9th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Second the "no baby"

Can't hear it at all.