View Full Version : HD LINK improvement- to know which clips are 24/60 before transcoding

Justin Lovell
October 24th, 2010, 03:41 PM
When Importing clips, it would be helpful to see the frame rate / resolution.
Remaster has this information available, so does Final Cut pro Log and Transfer.

I have a bulk of footage, mixed onto one drive of 720p 60 and 1080i 24p from a GH1.

I have not found a quick way on a PC to see the file information to know which clips are which resolution. (as a workaround, I open the clips on a mac to get the file info, then write that all down).

Chad Haufschild
October 28th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Having that info available in HD Link would be pretty nice. I'll second that suggestion.

If you're on a Windows machine and you're dealing with Quicktime files, you can open each file in Quicktime Player and see all the specs in Inspector. With AVIs I use VLC. VLC can't open everything (Cineform files won't play in VLC) but most common AVI, WMV and FLV flavors will. For those not-so-common flavors, the only way to see the specs are to pull them into your editor.

All that is a real pain in the butt. Having the specs available right when you pull it into HD Link would speed up some of the decision making.