View Full Version : Extra cams that mesh well w JVC GY-HM700?

Julius Kuziemski
November 12th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Greets All,

I'm going to be recording a couple of events, and since I cannot yet afford clones of myself, need more stationary units so I have options to cut from at the end of the night.
Given that the Canon 7d, ect, are limited to 12 minutes (Major SUCK!) they are not doable for me , no matter how much I want them to be. (Are there any motion capable DSLRs that don't have this time limit??)

My main cam is the jvc 700, and I was curious to hear from other folks who have shot events by themselves, and had several other stationary cams recording alternate angles.

I look at these pro-sumer cams, and while the paper specs sound good, every time I actually pick one up in my hand, I am like,, "Lordy! Where are the controls!?!" haha..I know I really only need to use them on interior events, so really its a fire & forget scenario, but my head is always trying to figure out multiple uses for my gear...*sigh*

My budget right now does not allow for me to get anything over about a grand a piece ( I am trying to get at least a 3 to 4 cam set up, counting my current cam.)

So these are out for now.... :-(
Canon Reveals Their Next Pro Video Cam at DVInfo.net (http://www.dvinfo.net/uncategorized/canon-reveals-their-next-pro-video-cam.html)

any suggestions on something that, while may not be the best for actually using, if left alone to sit and shoot by itself, may give me something of a decent picture. ( would need a manual zoom/iso, so the camera's computer dosn't try anything funny in the middle of the show!)

Any info would be appreciated very much! (been on my mind all summer)