View Full Version : UWOL 18 Revisted and Re-edited

Mick Jenner
November 24th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Hi,

(Please tell me if I am out of order and I will remove this)

I'm aware that this cannot be judged, but I thought you maybe interested in the result of all your helpful comments and critique. Although I was unable to take all them on board with this re-edit I hope I managed to incorporate most. I have included some footage not in the original edit but it was recorded at the same time as the original . Hopefully I have now made the artist section more coherent and watchable. I have also added a few seconds of tongues! at the end of the woodpecker section.

Thank you for all your postive comments, a result of which I now have something that I am now pleased with.

Please let me know what you think of it.

Mick

http://www.vimeo.com/17153069/settings

Mike Sims
November 24th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Not out of order at all, Mick. I think I would have posted it in your original thread instead of starting a new one because the two threads will become widely separated over time. No worries, though. I'll come back and watch it as soon as I finish commenting on other folks threads. I'm eager to see what you've come up with!

Mike Sims
November 25th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Hi Mick. I just watched them both and I agree. I think it is an improvement. I think many of us re-edit based on suggestions from the group, but we don’t often get to see the results. Thank-you for sharing.

Mick Jenner
November 25th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking a look, pleased that you found the new edit an improvement

Mick

Steve Siegel
November 25th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Hi Mick,

I agree totally with Mike. Your second edit is a huge improvement. You removed all the rambling dialogue and went straight to the eye as an "intimate detail", which tied the whole piece together. Also removing the distraction of the deer clip was a good idea. I liked your mirroring of set-up, mid-range, and tight shots in the bird and the artist. I still haven't the discipline to do that consistently.

Per Johan Naesje
November 25th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Mick, agree with Mike and Steve it´s much better to watch now. Your are more direct and direct to the point. Your first one was not bad, but now when I was alerted what to look after this was the better version!