View Full Version : DVD will play on computer but not on DVD player - Using DVD studio

Sam Meredith
December 7th, 2010, 04:33 AM
Hey there,

Really dont know what to do here. I have followed a few online tutorials, I burn my project successfully. It plays on my computer fine but I have tried a couple of dvd players and it says disk error. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Its a HD DVD, I am encoding it MPEG-2HD and its in a Two Pass VBR mode.

These were the tutorials I followed.

YouTube - Get Going with DVD Studio Pro - Create a Simple DVD with Chapters - Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_iXAAcG-r4)

YouTube - Get Going with DVD Studio Pro - Create a Simple DVD with Chapters - Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_iXAAcG-r4)

Seth Bloombaum
December 7th, 2010, 11:40 AM
I'm no expert on DVD Studio Pro, but if I understand what you've created, it doesn't meet the DVD-Video specification.

You can't play any HD format in a set-top standard def DVD player, period. If you're looking for distribution to hardware players that meet the DVD-Video standard, your video will have to be standard definition.

The HD DVD format can be played in computers and some (most? all?) Blu-Ray players.

Sam Meredith
December 7th, 2010, 03:02 PM
I realised this after making a few more attempts but even when I change all the settings so the DVD is in SD, it still won't play in my dvd players. :/

Anton Strauss
December 7th, 2010, 07:38 PM
make sure with windows explorer that your burn disc contains VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS

also, some DVD players will not play DVD+R

for best results, use DVD-R

Sam Meredith
December 7th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Im using DVD-R and im on a mac.
Pretty much i just punch in all the settings then go burn. Everything goes well, no errors show up in the logs and it says it completes the disc.

Thanks for all your help so far, really need to solve this problem! haha

Seth Bloombaum
December 8th, 2010, 08:19 PM
You're going to need to post a bit more information on the steps you're taking. It's really impossible to say without knowing more about the process you're following.