View Full Version : Watch Online?

Jeremy White
December 7th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Hey, I'd like to upload one of my entire weddings online so clients can see my work (I only have highlight demos up right now). I normally use vimeo (which I love), but it doesn't let the user skip ahead to different parts.

YouTube only lets you load 15 minutes.

Anybody have any recommendations for me?

Chris Davis
December 7th, 2010, 11:38 AM
When I've had to put longer form videos online, I cut them into segments and uploaded them to YouTube, then created a playlist and a custom YouTube player. Your client (or prospect) will be able to either watch the video in its entirety, or skip to the parts they want.

So if your full wedding video is an hour and a half, make six 15 minute segments.

Kyle Root
December 8th, 2010, 09:16 PM
What I've done is: On my website, I started a WordPress Blog and upload FLV (Flash) Videos via FTP to the blog, post a page, and let people view them from there. It works great as long as they've got a good internet connection.

The videos range from 100MB to 200MB in size depending on the length of the video.

Erik Andersen
December 9th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Jeremy, re: Vimeo: I wonder if there's a way to force your visitors to load the HTML5 player rather than the standard flash player. The HTML5 Player will allow visitors to skip ahead.

Vimeo filesize limit is 1 GB, plenty for most productions if you stay in SD. Hopefully that limit will eventually be upped so that 45 minute or longer HD videos can be posted at 720p or even 1080p.