View Full Version : NI pixel difference

Viswanadha Reddy
December 13th, 2010, 09:14 AM
a friend of my friend who is planning to show movie 70mm screen hesitant to go on HD-DSLR.reason he gives--"NI PIXEL difference",i tried to google to figure it out ..no luck ,any comments?

Chris Hurd
December 13th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Why not ask him what it means?

Viswanadha Reddy
December 13th, 2010, 09:29 AM
He said that he didn't know, someone told him :)

Chris Hurd
December 13th, 2010, 09:48 AM
So he gave you a reason that not only he himself can
explain. Aren't you more interested to know why he is
making a decision based on something he can't even
understand? That's the real question here.

Daniel Browning
December 14th, 2010, 10:40 AM
a friend of my friend who is planning to show movie 70mm screen hesitant to go on HD-DSLR.reason he gives--"NI PIXEL difference",i tried to google to figure it out ..no luck ,any comments?

Ah, I've seen this one before several times. HD-DSLR cameras have many pixels of Knights who say "NI". Other cameras do too, but they also come with a good supply of shrubberies to take care of the NI problem.

Seriously, the only thing that comes to mind is Near Infrared (NI), but that doesn't really make sense in the context.

Aren't you more interested to know why he is making a decision based on something he can't even understand? That's the real question here.

Viswanadha's friend may be the type that does get into the technical side as much, so he has to trust the advice he's given (hopefully by trustworthy people).

Viswanadha Reddy
December 14th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Thank you.The reason i post is here ,may be somebody come across.yesterday i have soem 7D footage on big screen..its really nice, it's not big concern for the money we invest