View Full Version : Rise and Shine! UWOL 19 Sign Up Thread is Now Open!

Catherine Russell
January 21st, 2011, 09:01 PM
Hey guys!

It's a new day.... a New Year.... and.... a New Challenge!

UWOL 19 is here. Are you ready? Feeling like this one will be it? The one? And the best you have ever produced? Feeling creative? Feeling a bit... wild? Is the adrenaline starting to pump just a wee bit and the perspiration starting to flow just thinking about it? Do you simply have that 6th sense that this theme just might let you go for broke and bring home the glory? Are you ready to have fun? Are you ready to be challenged? Are you ready to..... GO FOR IT?

Well, I'm ready to be thrilled and inspired by what you all will be able to do. I'm ready to be WOW'ed, in awe and humbled by your technical prowess, creative imagination and at the beauty of your neck of the woods.

So come on out! Sign up! This is your time! All are welcome! First time? No problem. Just say 'hi" and join the UWOL family. First time at filming something? That's not a problem either. Just jump in and give it a shot. You will probably surprise yourself at what you can do and most certainly be inspired for life. Old-timers? Welcome back friends, you have been missed!

The sign up thread has officially opened. Dates to keep in mind for this challenge are:

Theme announcement: Tuesday, February 1st
Entry deadline: Sunday, February 20th at "midnight"
Final judging: Monday, February 28th

Let's get out there and meet the challenge! :)

Cat

Mike Sims
January 21st, 2011, 09:56 PM
"And so, it begins..." Tally-ho!

Geir Inge
January 21st, 2011, 11:37 PM
Count me in.

Mike Beckett
January 22nd, 2011, 03:01 AM
I might just give it a go...

Finn-Erik Faale
January 22nd, 2011, 04:30 AM
I will try.

Bob Thieda
January 22nd, 2011, 06:13 AM
It has been too long since I've played...count me in!

Trond Saetre
January 22nd, 2011, 09:59 AM
Camera is working properly again. I'm ready!

Count me in!!

David Elkins
January 23rd, 2011, 10:50 AM
Been on the sidelines tooo long. I'm in!

I sent an email to the uwol@comcast.com address, no response. Is that step still necessary?

Thanks!

Markus Nord
January 23rd, 2011, 02:40 PM
Ok, I'll do my best... Lots of job is coming...

Catherine Russell
January 25th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I sent an email to the uwol@comcast.com address, no response. Is that step still necessary?

Thanks!

Hi David:

Good point. For anyone who didn't participate in the last round, send your e-mail address to:

uwol@spikeproductions.com

Welcome David! Glad to see you have jumped in and have fun.

Cat

Mick Jenner
January 25th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Having dipped my toe in on the last round, I will try and wade in a bit deeper this time hopefully avoiding the sharks!!!!

Mick

Victor Wilcox
January 25th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I'm in. Hope I can stay out of the shark tank.

My back's doing better, so if the wife doesn't work me too hard, this one should be fun.

David Chilson
January 27th, 2011, 09:28 AM
First timer, but what the heck. I handle rejection well. Email sent.

Catherine Russell
January 27th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Hello David!

Welcome to UWOL 19. You will find the UWOL family a fun group of film enthusiasts who are a great support in the pursuit of excellence in wildlife filming. I have received your e-mail. You are in! Have fun and avoid the infamous shark tank at all costs!

Best,

Cat

Ryan Farnes
January 27th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I'm in (tentatively).

I sold my 7D and am waiting for the Panasonic GH2 to be in stock again. Might not get one until late February, but we'll see.

Annie Haycock
January 27th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Just as well I poked my head around the corner today, or I'd have missed this.

Now, if I can manage crawl out from under the influence of whatever virus it is that has blanketed me for the past two weeks, I'm in. Though I have been warned I am still in for another rough week or two.

Henry Williams
January 28th, 2011, 05:46 AM
I'm in. Sounds like fun.

Kevin McRoberts
January 28th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Third time's a charm... for actually getting something done, at least.....

Catherine Russell
January 28th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Hey Kevin:

Nice to have you on board. I don't have you in my e-mail database so fire me an e-mail when you can to:

uwol@spikeproductions.com

Cheers!

Cat

Steve Siegel
January 29th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Gonna try, but this reminds me of a recent visit to the museum at the University of Florida. They have the jaws of a Megalodon, a shark so big that Lebron James could stand up in its mouth.

Catherine Russell
January 30th, 2011, 10:24 AM
... and the UWOL sharks make them look like Guppies...

It will be prudent to get your film in, I think... ;-)

Matt Fowler
January 31st, 2011, 09:13 PM
Count me in
First time for me...

Mike Calla
January 31st, 2011, 10:32 PM
sign me up, i'm in!

Kevin Railsback
February 1st, 2011, 12:50 AM
Put my name down.
Highly doubtful I'll be able to get out and film as I just had some big surgery but just in case I heal fast I'll give it a shot.

Catherine Russell
February 1st, 2011, 09:05 AM
Well done guys!

Matt: Welcome to the UWOL family! When you get a chance, fire me an e-mail so I can put your address in my database: send to uwol@spikeproductions.com.

Mike: Shanghai? Splendid! I can't wait to see your side of the world! Send me your e-mail too, so I can put you in my database.

Kevin: Surgery? And you didn't tell me? All well? You have grace, friend if you don't get a film in this time, but I like your spirit to give it a try! :) BTW... how's weather your way, it is -11F here as I type this in... lots of doting on my poor beloved farm animals lately... I can do cold, but it's you Iowans that can really do cold!

This is it. This sign up thread is now closed. For those of you who were just about to hit the send key with a response that you would like to try it out, but didn't quite have the nerve.... UWOL 20 is right around the corner and we would love to have you join us!

Theme comin' up!

Cat

Dale Guthormsen
February 1st, 2011, 08:21 PM
Just saw the new challenge, have not looked at the theme.

am I to late??

Usually theme goes up after it closes!!

Just read the notice, first one I have missed sense it started,

Have fun Friends!!!

Dale

perhaps its midnight somewherre?

Catherine Russell
February 2nd, 2011, 09:35 AM
Come on Dale....

You have a perfect running streak, don't stop now! The sign up thread is officially closed, the theme has been announced, but join Mat by jumping in with a non-competitive entry. Do it friend! We simply can't have a UWOL without an entry from you!

Cat

Dale Guthormsen
February 2nd, 2011, 09:09 PM
Well,

If Matt is going to participate non competitive then I guess I can too.