View Full Version : GH2 Cheat Sheet for videographers new to still photo cameras

James Campbell
January 22nd, 2011, 12:50 PM
I've been trying to wrap my head around the various buttons/functions of the Pansonic GH2 , as my experience has been solely with videocamera work. I always create a "cheat sheet" of the various functions of each piece of equipment that I work with, so that I'm not breaking out the manual flipping through all the pages in the middle of either practice work or a real project.

If it helps anyone else out, I attached a doc and a pdf version of the GH2 notes I created. I apologize if any of the photography information is incorrect; I'm just getting used to the terms/artistry of photography and its concepts. Also, I had to save my docx version in doc; it appears that none of the formatting of the information was scrambled in translation, but let me know if anything is garbled (besides my English!).

Dan Clark
January 22nd, 2011, 02:17 PM
James,

Nice work. I haven't gone through it completely, but it looks like a great reference and much better than the Panasonic users guide.

Thanks,

Dan.

Brian Luce
January 22nd, 2011, 07:20 PM
Thank you. I find the camera's menus difficult and confusing and the manual impossibly convoluted. Worst manual since the Zoom H4N.

Thanks! Very helpful.

Rob Katz
February 10th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I've been trying to wrap my head around the various buttons/functions of the Pansonic GH2 , as my experience has been solely with videocamera work. I always create a "cheat sheet" of the various functions of each piece of equipment that I work with, so that I'm not breaking out the manual flipping through all the pages in the middle of either practice work or a real project.

If it helps anyone else out, I attached a doc and a pdf version of the GH2 notes I created. I apologize if any of the photography information is incorrect; I'm just getting used to the terms/artistry of photography and its concepts. Also, I had to save my docx version in doc; it appears that none of the formatting of the information was scrambled in translation, but let me know if anything is garbled (besides my English!).

james-

thanks for sharing.

be well

rob

Jeff Harper
February 10th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Manual is awful, I completely agree. I don't have my camera yet and I'm already confused. The name for various movie modes make absolutely no sense. Why isn't 1080 called 1080? The list goes on.

Nice work, thank you!

Brian Luce
February 12th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I agree that the manual is worthless. This camera begs for a training video as nothing is very intuitive and the muddy matrix of controls between the menus, and the two manually controlled dials on the camera top.
Maybe a FAQ would be a good start to sticky.

David Grinnell
March 3rd, 2011, 09:43 AM
hey thanks for putting the work into this!! I will use this for a while :)