View Full Version : Connect HPX 371 to tv

Niels Neeskens
January 26th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Hey everybody,

I am filming a training next week and have to record the sessions so that the participants can view themself right after the recordings. So my question is; what is the best way to connect my HPX 371 with my Sony Bravia to play back the recordings straight on the tv?

Chris Soucy
January 26th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Connection options at both ends?

CS

Gary Nattrass
January 27th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Keep it simple and just connect via component if it is just for viewing, this is what I do and a bnc to phono cable is required.

I tend to keep a BNC to phono adaptor on the camera all the time and just use a phono to phono cable whilst on location as it is easy to rig and de-rig, also if someone stands on the cable it just pulls it out of the bnc adaptor rather than damaging anything.

You can go into the clip browser and easily play back takes and the quality should be fine for most viewing purposes, it's what I use on all shoots to a 14inch 4x3 TV so that we can see the full 16x9 frame and the quality is great, if my clients want full HD then they have to hire in extra kit.

If you want to go high def to the TV then you will need an HD/SD-SDI converter box so that you can feed the TV with an HDMI signal from one of the SDI outputs.

Niels Neeskens
January 27th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the advice!

Cheers