View Full Version : RED Scarlet fixed 8X at Sundance with Ted from RED.

Chris Luker
January 28th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Hey there, I was able to interview Ted from RED this week at Sundance. He brought a working Scarlet 8X fixed with him.

Here's the video:
RED Scarlet fixe 8X a Sundance. - Forums (http://www.cameravideo.net/forum/news-de-video/16518-red-scarlet-fixe-8x-a-sundance.html)

I shot it for a French website, thus the bad French for the intro/outro...

Mark OConnell
January 30th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Looks great-

Christopher Glavan
February 1st, 2011, 11:35 PM
...that
...is
...SO sexy...!

Glen Vandermolen
February 2nd, 2011, 05:56 AM
So want!
If this camera lives up to its considerable hype and price point, it will be a big hit.

Chris Luker
February 2nd, 2011, 03:46 PM
So far, it will live up to the hype... hopefully the price will be around $7000 all-in.
I was sooooo tempted to ask if I could throw in one of my RED CF cards and take some footage with me... I should have.

Paul Cook
February 2nd, 2011, 08:09 PM
That was awesome! Im always amazed at how enthusiastic Ted is when interviewed - despite the number of gruelling hours at trade shows and all day that day trekking that baby around Sundance - he still looks and sounds like a kid in a candy store.

Damn I want one of those...or an Epic! To think that there is actually a working Epic floating around out there now in the hands of a thief...or a thieving corporation...;-)

Chris Luker
February 3rd, 2011, 05:30 PM
Ted has always had time for anyone interested. He was kind enough to take a picture with me and chat a few minutes at NAB last year even though he had had a looooooooong day. Easy to talk to.
I'm actually selling my Red One to gt a Scarlet and a little budget for a screenplay I wrote...

James Millward
February 5th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Was this interview shot with a DSLR?

James

Chris Luker
February 7th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Yes. Canon 7D. I processed the heck out of the audio to make it understandable...