View Full Version : DVD Duplicator

Jeremy White
January 31st, 2011, 10:52 AM
Does anyone have a recommendation for a DVD duplicator? Right now I'm burning all my discs on my iMac, but I'm starting to get larger runs for live events (plays, graduations, etc) and it takes too long to burn all these discs (plus I can't imagine it being that great on the computer to burn through 100 copies of something).

Thanks in advance!

Eugene J. Kulak
January 31st, 2011, 05:52 PM
This is the one I use Jeremy, and it has never failed me.

ProCon PC-D-RHD6250 CD and DVD Duplicators | ProCon 6 Writer DVD/CD Duplicator Tower with Removable 250GB Hard Drive (http://www.comprehensivecable.com/duplicators/6582-procon-6-writer-dvdcd-duplicator-tower-with-removable-250gb-hard-drive.html)

Ben Moore
January 31st, 2011, 07:44 PM
If you need to burn and print. This is a good one.

Microboards G3 Disc Publisher DVD Burning and G3P-1000 B&H Photo

Ben

Michael Simons
January 31st, 2011, 07:48 PM
If you need to burn and print. This is a good one.

Microboards G3 Disc Publisher DVD Burning and G3P-1000 B&H Photo (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/671322-REG/Microboards_G3P_1000_G3_Disc_Publisher_DVD.html)

Ben

Ben, the Microboards works ok for you? I have the G2 and it always jams. I have to feed it one by one. I definitely do not recommend the Microboards.

Marty Jenoff
January 31st, 2011, 07:55 PM
I got a duplicator and printer from Discmakers. The duplicator is the Reflex 7 and printer is Primera Bravo II. Both are great.

Jim Snow
January 31st, 2011, 10:52 PM
Ben, the Microboards works ok for you? I have the G2 and it always jams. I have to feed it one by one. I definitely do not recommend the Microboards.

If the feeder mechanism is adjusted properly and it still jams, the problem is almost certainly a weak singulator spring. The spring is inside the singulator mechanism and it's what causes the silver ring to return to the home position after it releases a disc. You can check this by pushing the silver collar back by hand (it's the part that moves). It should spring all the way back when you release it. If it's mushy or the collar doesn't fully return, the spring is bad.

Get the dealer you bought it from to order a spring and also get the replacement instructions from Microboards. It isn't difficult to replace if you have the instructions.

I used to be a Microboard's dealer. This isn't something I'm just taking a guess at. I have replaced quite a few of these springs. Because of the problems with this spring, Microboards has a redesigned Singulator in newer models.

Philip Howells
January 31st, 2011, 11:05 PM
Jeremy, my choice is a box with a power supply, a Wytron controller sold under many names around the world and a handful of burners. Half an hour with a screwdriver and you have a great duplicator which burns and compares each copy independently (but simultaneously). Best of all, it doesn't need a computer.

Perceived wisdom says all burners should be the same model and firmware but we recently replaced two of our seven burners with later models from the same company (Samsung).

Disk printing is a pain however it's done. For simplicity I'd use waterproof JVC (formerly Taiyo Udens) and the cheapest Epson face printer.

For our demo blanks we do a deal with a duplicating house and buy them by the 1000, printed and sealed (and beautiful). The use banks of Epsons churning out the faces which are then sealed in an industrial unit. Useful note: our house has found that stored long term the sealer can affect the burning surface so they deliver in stacks of 50/100 with disks loaded face to face.

Ben Moore
February 1st, 2011, 09:28 AM

Yes, I have the G2 as well and I agree it sux at loading, but they redesigned the load port on the G3.

Ben

David Barnett
February 1st, 2011, 09:50 AM
ProDuplicator.com - DVD Duplicator, Disc Publisher, CD Duplicator, DVD Printer (http://www.produplicator.com/)

I have a single disc burner from here. Works fast, easy to load. I don't do a whole lot of duplicating though so I only use it now & then.

Steve Loeffler
February 1st, 2011, 10:12 AM
I bought this one and use it often. Works great for the money.

SuperMediaStore 1 to 5 DVD Duplicator (Economic Line) built-in Sony 20X Burner, Black Casing - Retail | SuperMediaStore.com (http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u/sony-dvd-standalone-tower-dvd-duplicators-5-target-black-economic)

Steve

Eugene J. Kulak
February 1st, 2011, 10:47 AM
Jeremy Phil brings up a good point. The Pro-Con I use is a stand alone unit, no computer is needed. You can either use bay #1 for your master and copy 5 at a time, or you can use bay #1 to load the disk into the removable hard drive and then copy 6 at a time.

Christian Brown
February 1st, 2011, 11:04 AM
edited [keeping my not-so-secrets]

Michael Simons
February 1st, 2011, 09:13 PM
If the feeder mechanism is adjusted properly and it still jams, the problem is almost certainly a weak singulator spring. The spring is inside the singulator mechanism and it's what causes the silver ring to return to the home position after it releases a disc. You can check this by pushing the silver collar back by hand (it's the part that moves). It should spring all the way back when you release it. If it's mushy or the collar doesn't fully return, the spring is bad.

Get the dealer you bought it from to order a spring and also get the replacement instructions from Microboards. It isn't difficult to replace if you have the instructions.

I used to be a Microboard's dealer. This isn't something I'm just taking a guess at. I have replaced quite a few of these springs. Because of the problems with this spring, Microboards has a redesigned Singulator in newer models.

thanks Jim. If you ask me, they should have had a recall then. This machine wasn't cheap and it's never worked real well since Day 1.

Jim Bucciferro
February 4th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Hi Jeremy,
This is the one I use:
SuperMediaStore 1 to 3 DVD Duplicator (Economic Line) built-in Sony 20X Burner, Black Casing - Retail | SuperMediaStore.com (http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u/sony-dvd-standalone-tower-dvd-duplicators-3-target-black-economic)

Granted it only duplicates, but it has worked very well so far.

Jim B

Chris Davis
February 4th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Get one that duplicates and prints unattended. You can find used Primera Bravo duplicators on eBay for $400 or less if you want to go that route. Five years ago I bought a giant battleship of a duplicator (capable of 500 copies per day) but that's serious overkill now. I mostly use it for 1 to 10 copies. I farm out larger orders to a real duplication house because it's much more affordable.