View Full Version : Ki Pro Mini Now Shipping!

Jon Thorn
January 31st, 2011, 11:01 PM
Information can be found at this link:
News - AJA Video Systems (http://www.aja.com/news/index_article.php?id=137)

Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.

Peter Corbett
February 3rd, 2011, 10:14 PM
Hi John,

I've ringing around US and Australian suppliers to see if anyone has stock without success. Do you have any info on where I can get a Ki Pro Mini quickly?

Thanks,
Peter

Jon Thorn
February 4th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Peter C. - Well... I'll use this as an analogy... this is probably going to be like trying to find the new and very popular car on the dealer's lot. If you didn't pre-order one, units might be spoken for already...

You can visit the AJA website for a list of resellers, filtering the results with the "Acquire" product-line filter:
Where to Buy - AJA Video Systems (http://www.aja.com/where-to-buy/index.php)

Regards,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.

Peter Corbett
February 4th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks John,

I rang B&H but they said they had no idea when they will be getting stock as did the Australian distibutor.
I try your suggestion.

Tim Kerigan
February 10th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Really hoping we get some of these in time to use them on my senior film!

Will Salley
February 10th, 2011, 08:54 PM
I ordered (and paid for) the Ki Pro Mini from B&H four months ago. During that time, we've had to rent other outboard recorders on four occasions, the most recent time it was the NanoFlash, which I've grown quite fond of. Still, I would rather have the KPM as it looks like it may have a better user interface and it's supposed to be able to record 10-bit, ProRes. Those advantages mean nothing, however, if I continue to pay for the Ki Pro and rent something else. Unfortunately, I am forced to cancel my order with B&H and buy the Nanoflash, as we have more shoots coming up very soon that require 4:2:2.

Ned Soltz
February 12th, 2011, 06:11 AM
I've got a Mini enroute for a review I'll be writing.

Will post impressions here but of course won't give it all away so that you'll read my article ;)

Ned Soltz

Jim Tittle
February 16th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Maybe, in the interest of full disclosure, the title of this thread should be, "Tiny Quantity of Ki Pro Minis Now Shipping (Very Slowly) !"

Dano Motley
February 17th, 2011, 03:37 PM
could nt wait and bought a competetors product.

dano

Shaggy Franks
April 30th, 2011, 06:04 PM
has anybody gotten one of these from B&H Photo Video?
We still have not gotten my! :(

Jon Thorn
April 30th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Shaggy F. - Many people have received Ki Pro Minis at this point. However, I cannot say in what order resellers are filling their orders or whether one reseller placed their order earlier than another reseller when the product was available for order from AJA, etc.

If you have only recently placed your order, then it's possible that your reseller is simply waiting for another shipment from AJA in order to fill your order.

Hope this information is helpful,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.

Shaggy Franks
May 3rd, 2011, 08:13 AM
Yeah we put our order in Februar and there site still states:
NEW ITEM, AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER
This is a new item being released in limited quantity, We are accepting orders and they will be filled in the order they are received. Your card will be charged upon placing the order.

:(

Dano Motley
May 5th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I am actually glad the mini was delayed. With all the newer sytems having lcd capabilities its a no brainer of which unit to purchase...

Dano

Allan Barnwell
May 5th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I have some Ki Pro mini's coming in on the 31st of the month that are not spoken for. Please let me know if you are looking - I can guarantee availability by that date - something I have not been able to do up until recently.

As far as Dano's last post - I differ in opinion. There is no way some users are going to trust the cheaper units for high end recording workflows. AJA charges a premium for their quality assurance and professional reputation. As a dealer for ALL of these manufactures, I have to be able to distinguish which units are the right fit for which customers, and there is certainly no one-size-fits-all unit out there.

I'm very excited about the potential of some of the newer units - but without established track records (both for the device and the companies producing them), I am hesitant to recommend anything too quickly.

I can recommend the Ki Pro Mini not because of an extensive track record for the model (too few are out there so far to judge feedback) but because of AJA's reputation - which is tremendous and hard-won.

No offense to Dano - I just don't think anyone should take your comment out of context.

Allan Barnwell
Omega Broadcast Group - Professional Video Sales, Rental & Services (http://www.omegabroadcast.com)

Dano Motley
May 5th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Allan

No offense taken. I was commenting on the newer units I saw at NAB 2011 a few weeks ago. I understand Aja mini and the others have not established a track record as of yet. Fast forward has a very nice unit with and LCD as well as the company the makes the Nija and soon to be released Samurai.

As a consumer it is nice to have a few choices/flavors. I personally feel that the LCD uinits are far more benifical.

My 2 cents,

Dano