View Full Version : Older P2CMS for G4 Powerbook?

Daniel Epstein
February 2nd, 2011, 01:13 PM
Does anyone have a source for Older P2CMS software to run on G4 Powerbook? If you have it running on your computer you might have the original Zip file. A friend has a G4 we wanted to use and I have one as well which used to have it but the harddrive replacement seems to have lost that bit of software. The newer links on Panasonic's website don't show the legacy software. Thanks in advance

Gary Nattrass
February 3rd, 2011, 05:28 AM
Hi Daniel I have a powerbook G4 running tiger for P2 transfer so will see if I have the software on it!

Gary Nattrass
February 3rd, 2011, 06:14 AM
Sorry all I have installed is the P2 formatter as I have raylight for P2 transfer on the G4.

Daniel Epstein
February 3rd, 2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks for checking Gary.

Daniel Epstein
February 5th, 2011, 08:58 AM
No Joy from Panasonic Tech Support. In and email reply to me they claim they don't have any Non intel Mac software around. Seems kind of silly given the size of their site to not store some legacy software. Now if they had never written in the first place i could understand that.

Gary Nattrass
February 6th, 2011, 05:11 AM
You can still get raylight as I got my copy last year, its cost though.

I tend to use FCP to import to the G4 from DVCpro or copy the card to a hard drive if I am using AVC intra.

Daniel Epstein
February 6th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Hey Gary,
Raylight is an option but my friends are giving up on using the G4 they had and are outfitting a newer Mac for various reasons. Like most computer systems this case points out how difficult it is to anticipate hardware and software compatibility to stay in sync as long as a user would expect it to.

Gary Nattrass
February 7th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Yup there reaches a point when you just have to bite the bullet and change to the latest systems.