View Full Version : Attorney Commercials

Jon Wolding
March 3rd, 2011, 09:13 PM
Attempting to up the bar for lawyers in my region...

Burnetti, P.A.
Shot w/ Sony F1500 nose-mounted to a Bell Jet Ranger heli
Edited in FCP
Vfx - After Effects, Cinema 4D, and some crappy standalone modeling program
graded in Color

Culpepper | Kurland
Shot w/ RED One
Edited in FCP
Vfx - After Effects, Cinema 4D, and Photoshop

Jeremy Doyle
March 7th, 2011, 11:15 AM
I really like the business card to title screen.

Eric Stemen
March 7th, 2011, 12:19 PM
pretty awesome effects.

Jon Wolding
March 7th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Thanks, guys!

The business card shot was actually a really hard sell... the client was worried about it looking too cheesy, but I think it works.

Chris Barcellos
March 7th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I can tell you that TV advertizing was not a thing that any self respecting attorney would have considered a little over 25 years ago. Even today, most attorneys do not go for TV adverstizing.

Most local bar rules even considered it a violation of ethical standards at one time. In true fashion, some pioneers of TV advertizing for attorneys challenged the rules. While the challenge was successful, there are still some requirements, depending on jurisdiction, that might be necessary to follow.

Jon Wolding
March 9th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I can tell you that TV advertizing was not a thing that any self respecting attorney would have considered a little over 25 years ago. Even today, most attorneys do not go for TV adverstizing.

Most local bar rules even considered it a violation of ethical standards at one time. In true fashion, some pioneers of TV advertizing for attorneys challenged the rules. While the challenge was successful, there are still some requirements, depending on jurisdiction, that might be necessary to follow.
Tell me about it...

The Burnetti spot was approved instantly (like 4 days) and the [Florida] Bar even asked our client to tell us "this is the best commercial that's ever been submitted to us!"

The CK spot was rejected at first and approved on appeal (4 to 1). It took like 3 months. I think there was a little... um... professional rivalry involved as Culpepper is local celebrity (ex-football player).