View Full Version : CF-card default behavior question

Marc Colemont
March 6th, 2011, 04:16 PM
In case I overlooked the manual, sorry for the question.
I try to find the default behavior when using two CF-cards while contineously recording.
Will the system automatically swap from slot or not when the first card is full?
Or is this a manual thing to do, which might be overlooked while in a concert recording.
Thanks for your help.

Jon Thorn
March 6th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Marc C. - Please feel free to ask questions. Also feel free to contact AJA Technical Support if you have additional questions since that service is provided free of charge.

Regarding your specific question, at this time, it is a manual procedure to switch from one CF card to the other. While two CF cards can be inserted in Ki Pro Mini, only one can be selected for use at a time. You can have the two CF cards inserted and perform a relatively quick change from the first card to the second card by using the SLOT button.

Detailed information on the use of the SLOT button to switch between CF cards is provided on page 10 of the Ki Pro Mini Manual:

------

SLOT Button—The SLOT button serves two purposes. First, it selects which Compact Flash (CF) card is accessed by the system—either CF slot 1 or 2. Second, the SLOT button is used to unmount a currently selected CF card.

Note: Caution! Not using the SLOT button to unmount the media can lead to issues with the media if the media is removed prior to this action.

Pushing the slot button cycles between unmounting media and selecting media. This function is only active when in the “STOP” mode and requires a “PRESS STOP” if not stopped. After you select a slot, the system returns to the last selected clip and timecode for that slot. If the media has been changed since the slot was last selected (physically removed/media replaced), then the “first” clip on the media will be “cued” to its start point. If inserted media has any issues, additional prompts may be displayed as appropriate such as: “WARNING Backup and Reformat” or “WARNING Media Unformatted.”

On power up, CF slot 1 is the initial storage system accessed by Ki Pro Mini.

CF Slot Release Buttons—Next to each CF slot is a push-to-eject button for removing the CF card. The push-to-eject button should only be pushed after the CF card has been umounted.

Caution! Removing a CF card with the slot LED lit, or while flashing, can result in corrupted media or potential damage to the CF card media.

------

Again, please don't hesitate to ask questions or contact AJA Technical Support if you need further assistance with this.

I hope this information is helpful,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.

Marc Colemont
March 10th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Thanks Jon,

In the mean time the Ki Pro Mini arrived. Unpacking as I speak :-)
My Sandisk cards should arrive tomorrow.