View Full Version : Next release build for Windows.

David Newman
March 10th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Here is the next release candidate for your preview.

Only bug fixes in this one:

Build 5.3.2.308, released 10-March-2011
Fixed: math for sources encoded with Cineon curves.
Fixed: brightness shift between using 3D LUTs with and without framing corrections.
Fixed: for slight mult-generation green shift on I-frame YUV encodes.
Fixed: tiny green shift in the HDLink scaler.
Fixed: for FijiFilm W3 3D conversions.
Fixed: audio glitch on export from CS4/5.

Neo3D : http://cineform.com/downloads/Neo3Dv532b308-110310.zip
Neo4K : http://cineform.com/downloads/Neo4Kv532b308-110310.zip
NeoHD : http://cineform.com/downloads/NeoHDv532b308-110310.zip
NeoScene : http://cineform.com/downloads/NeoSceneV532b308-110310.zip

Add there are some changes to the installer, please make sure you uninstall older versions, before installing any newer release. It are builds where an uninstaller is more optional, but not for v5.3.2.

Robert Brueschke
March 11th, 2011, 06:02 AM
In this version the importer for mov and avi files to CS5 is broken. I get a error message to install the plugins again cause they are not recognized by CS5!

What to do?

David Newman
March 11th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Under Adobe's advice we did change the installer to only use the MediaCore directories for plugins.

Plugins used to go here:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5\Plug-ins\Common\CineForm

Now they only go here:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS5\MediaCore\CineForm

Does your system have this path?:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS5\MediaCore\

Do you have the full creative suite or only Premiere Pro?

Robert Brueschke
March 11th, 2011, 11:32 AM
in the meantime I switched back to the latest official release and there everything is working fine!
I do have the CS5 production premium bundle. maybe its a problem with the international version due to the different foldernames (I am using the german version)?

David Newman
March 11th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Could you please tell me what your MediaCore path is, add whether any CineForm components are there?

Leo Baker
March 11th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Running cs5 production premium here, I can import Cineform AVI with no error.

David Newman
March 11th, 2011, 12:01 PM
We expect most system will be find with the simplify installation path. We use to install in two locations, Adobe has assured us that is no longer necessary (we will see about that.)

Robert Brueschke
March 11th, 2011, 04:05 PM
My mediapath is: c:\programme\adobe\common\plug-ins\cs5\mediacore\cineform. With now installed version5.31 b304 I found a installation path under c:\programme\adobe\adobepremiereprocd5.5\plug-ins\common\cineform the files I got the errormessage (CFHD_AVIImporter32 and CFHD_MOVImporter32)

I hope this helps!

David Newman
March 11th, 2011, 04:18 PM
It seems you are presentating information from the older install. Please uninstall, then install the beta version and send me the install log C:\Program Files (x86)\CineForm\Neo3D\Install.log (use the email through my profile on DVinfo.net.)

Justin Lovell
March 12th, 2011, 09:38 PM
visual keyframes coming soon for windows ? ?
Hold keyframes coming soon? ? - (keyframes that do not animate between keyframes) - a toggle switch to choose what type of keyframe to drop- necessary for scene to scene color correction on a single clip with multiple scenes/shots..!

keep up the great work!

Leo Baker
March 13th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Hello David,

Under this release also I am having problems converting Sony XDCAM EX form the Sony PMW-350. Some files convert fine then some just crash in HDLINK on conversion as soon as the file starts to convert.

I get a crash when trying to convert some of the EXCAM files. This copy/paste of the crash log in HDLINK is from the older build but I get the exact same crash on this verison now in pre release for Windows.

Here is a sample file that I sent to Jake in support last week.
www.catchthemagicbus.com/bug_reports/625_0609_01.zip

I am running Windows 7 64bit, latest drivers, Quicktime, Production premium cs5.

The Windows error which comes up is as follows from HDLINK when trying to covnert the problem files.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: HDLink.exe
Application Version: 5.3.1.304
Application Timestamp: 4d64199f
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7bafa
Exception Code: e06d7363
Exception Offset: 0000b727
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

The other bug Jake knows about which is being looked into is the Panasonic 720p playback speed. I convert MXF files from the HVX200, into CIneform AVI in HDLINk and get the playback of the video x3 faster
Precise Steps to Reproduce the Problem: I have MXF files from the Panasonic hvx200 camera, I am using HDLINK to load the folder for conversion. Converting 720p 25p which the camera shot. Into Cineform 1280x720, high quality i frames from HDLINK.

The file converts, the audo playback is normal, however the video is speedup when I playback the converted Cineform file. It looks like it is playing at about 3 x the speed.

If i go back to this build www.cineform.com/downloads/Neo4Kv504b261-100615.zip
the Panasonic p2 speed issue is fixed.

Thanks,

Leo

Stephen Armour
March 14th, 2011, 12:23 PM
When we loaded the new version (usual proccedure), it did not register with AE. We reloaded the older version and it registered as normal.

Are there any DLL's we can check as "missing" or someway to see if the loader is not doing something properly?

This is witih Win 7 x64 and CS5. Haven't tried it with CS3 yet.

More info. After reloading the new version again, I got a AE warning of the following missing:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\common\Plug-ins\CS5\MediaCore\Cineform\CFHD_AVI_Importer32.prm" and for "CFHD_MOV_Importer32.prm" too

Log file attached

Galen Young
March 14th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Get the importers error message on CS5 as well, which reads:

After Effects warning: The following plugins have failed to load. Please reinstall these plugins:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS5\MediaCore\CineForm\CFHD_AVI_Importer32.prm
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS5\MediaCore\CineForm\CFHD_MOV_Importer32.prm

I moved those two files out of the directory and the error message goes away. CineForm files still import fine into AE and Premiere, so I'd hazard a guess those two files are in the wrong place perhaps?

Stephen Armour
March 14th, 2011, 12:57 PM
We expect most system will be find with the simplify installation path. We use to install in two locations, Adobe has assured us that is no longer necessary (we will see about that.)

Looks like Adobe's assurance might be wrong?

Leo Baker
March 14th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I get the exact same error when loading After Effects cs5 as well!

After Effects warning: The following plugins have failed to load. Please reinstall these plugins:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS5\MediaCore\CineForm\CFHD_AVI_Importer32.prm
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS5\MediaCore\CineForm\CFHD_MOV_Importer32.prm

So many new bugs in Cineform in the last stable build on the website also! See my post earlier.

David Newman
March 14th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Now that 308 is the release version, please file with support so they can determine some system don't like the installer changes. CS5 AE is a 64-bit app, it should never have loaded CFHD_AVI_Importer32.prm, that is for Encore and other 32-bit tools, so you can just delete them, AE is not using those components. I'll see the there aren't installed in the 64-bit folders.

David Newman
March 14th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Delete these components:

They are not used by AE, simply installed in the wrong folders.

Stephen Armour
March 15th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Thanks David, that took care of it.

Carlos Bustamante
March 16th, 2011, 04:45 AM
A minor blemish: the installer window remains open after it has created the uninstall file. After waiting many minutes I closed it with the task manager. Otherwise every thing seems to be working the way it should.
Best wishes, Carlos

Brian Karr
March 16th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Continue to have constant crashes with Neo3D.

Currently, I can preview in 3D, but when I make any 3D adjustments, Firstlight crashes. I then tried previewing in onionskin view and could make adjustments. When I try to load the 3D file into Vegas 10 however, Vegas crashes.

This morning I wiped the old install clean and tried upgrading to 5.3.2.308. The first time I got the Windows blue crash screen during the install and the system rebooted. Wiped the install clean again, the second time it is hanging on the "Created uninstaller" line as another user noted above.

My experience with Neo3D is that it is rare that I can use the product for any amount of time without it crashing. Pretty poor experience for the cost.

Alienware i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
W7 64 Bit
6GB DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 1.8GB RAM

Hope this will improve because it could be a great product.

Serena Steuart
March 29th, 2011, 07:59 PM
David, when upgrading to current version why does email list both v5.31 and v5.32? Presume these are both under the v5 licence and can find no references to reasons why one should choose v5.31.

David Newman
March 29th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Under user request, we now always include the previous release.