View Full Version : iriver 700 series drivers for XP?

Ken Diewert
March 21st, 2011, 05:39 PM
Does anybody know where to access iriver 700 series drivers? I've tried the corp site and searched all over and can't seem to locate a source. My PC does not recognize the iriver and I've recorded some audio on there and would like to get it off.

I'd appreciate any help.

Greg Miller
March 21st, 2011, 07:21 PM
I haven't used my iRivers for ages. I'm sure I did use them with XP, but possibly before SP3.

I just did a quick Google and found numerous hits, including driverguide.com ... did you try Google? Did you try installing those drivers?

Vito DeFilippo
March 21st, 2011, 08:14 PM
Ken, the drivers are included in Music Manager:

Here's the page:

the next simplicity_iriver (http://local.iriver.com/usa/lounge/loungeView.asp?selectPart=&findWord=&sno=859&page=5)

Direct download:

http://211.39.137.201//download.asp?filename=iriver_Music_Manager_V321_sp.zip&filepath=/file/Down/

If for some reason you can't get it, let me know and I'll post it for you.

Ken Diewert
March 22nd, 2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks Vito, I'll try that later. I'm not sure why Music Manager didn't come up in my google searches, it looks a lot more promising than my other attempts. I had downloaded some drivers from one of the big driver sites but they failed.

Vito DeFilippo
March 22nd, 2011, 05:51 PM
Music Manager IS the drivers for these iRivers. You don't need anything else.

Good luck!

Ken Diewert
March 23rd, 2011, 02:09 PM
Worked Great... Thanks Vito!

Vito DeFilippo
March 23rd, 2011, 07:59 PM
My pleasure. Glad it worked out.

Art Varga
April 5th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Do you guys know if this drive will work with Vista? I'm in the same boat - hadn't used my iRiver in awhile and now have some important stuff to pull off the and no longer have an XP machine in the house.

Any recommendations for a replacement for the iRivers. I use mine at weddings as a backup during the vows. I use the H4n for everything else but looking for something very low profile for the ceremony coverage.

Thanks- Art

Vito DeFilippo
April 5th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Never found a way to make it work with Vista or Win 7, so I just keep a duel boot machine around to use it with XP.

There's a mac version for the iriver music manager as well if you happen to have a mac available.

Others have been using some of the Olympus recorders with success. You could search in the wedding forum for that. They've been discussed a lot.

Maybe the new ZOOM?

Art Varga
April 5th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks Vito- I'll check those out

Greg Miller
April 5th, 2011, 03:44 PM
The Tascam DR-03 is slightly longer than the iRivers, but it's flat and much thinner, so actually less obtrusive in a pocket. It uses a micro-SD card, has a recording level meter, and is much more versatile than the iRivers. Street price ~~ $60.00

The Sony ICD-SX700 is even smaller than the DR-03, so is even less obtrusive. It's nearly as versatile as the DR-03, except that it does not take any memory cards, so you're limited to the 1GB internal memory.

Both of these will also record WAV files.