View Full Version : WAVE35: oscillating GG adapter pics,movie

Matteo Ricchetti
August 15th, 2005, 06:42 AM
here the images and the video files of my adapter:
Oscillating GG, right image direction. Nikon lens bayonet.

http://wave35.altervista.org/

I Have upload there some DIVX file at varios resolution but there are only 10GB mounth bandwith (if someone has some web disk space please contact me)

Matteo

Leo Mandy
August 15th, 2005, 06:51 AM
IS that a focusing screen that you are using? I personal found the setup hard to see.

Wayne Kinney
August 15th, 2005, 06:53 AM
WOW!!!

What a setup you have there. That looks very well machined and put together, how heavy is it?

The footage is the most 'film-like' I have seen. Obviously the professional lighting goes along way.

Well done,

Wayne.

Leo Mandy
August 15th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Actually, the more I look at it, are there two SLR lenses in there? One after the GG and one before?

Wayne Kinney
August 15th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Looks like the bits after the GG are a combination of condensors, mirrors and prisms, im probably wrong though.

Wayne.

Matteo Ricchetti
August 15th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Yes Mandy 2 lenses: the closer to the CCD is a lens (used as macro) wich takes the image from the groundglass through the prism and the mirror and focus it on the CCD block of the camera

Leo Mandy
August 15th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Wow, you've got a prism in there?!?!? From what I can see, it look like -
SLR >> GG >> circular condenser >> two mirrors (prism)? >> another lens >> miniDV.
I thought the second Lens might have righted the upside down image, but I think that is a great idea to use it for a macro.
Do you have any other shots of the rig?
BTW, oscillating that way looks really cool!

Also, two mod. Sony HD cameras? Man, I want your jobs!

Craig Bellaire
August 15th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Can any one help out on the files.. I can't access the files or pictures... Thanks.. sound interesting... 2 lens....hhhmmm

Wayne Kinney
August 15th, 2005, 04:22 PM
I can access all the files, except the video's from the second shot. I get a 'file not found' error.

Anyone else get this?

Wayne.

Jim Lafferty
August 15th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Nice work!

Marco Leavitt
August 15th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Those screengrabs look awfully sharp. Nice work!

Matteo Ricchetti
August 16th, 2005, 03:12 AM
thanks Wayne, I fixed the broken links... hope everyone can download all files now

Craig Bellaire
August 16th, 2005, 06:05 AM
OK this is the best of the best "G35 SEAMS A BIT CRISP" and much cleaner then the Micro35 M2.... WOW great....

Quyen Le
August 16th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Matteo Ricchetti

I have to say image quality is super sharp in HDV. You said a penta prism and a mirror to correct image orientation, do you have to adjust anything to the camera like mirror mode or something?

What have you done on the FX1 HDV camera? is the lens come off easily?

What frame size do you use? 24x36?

What macro lens do you put in front of the Camera? I notice some vignetting, is any condenser used on this macro lens.

Thanks.

Quyen

Matteo Ricchetti
August 16th, 2005, 07:50 AM
NO, you have to adjust nothing the image is not upsidedown.
The vignetting in the first shot it was a slight misalignment of the lens throgh the mirror. The GG image size is a little less than 24X36. As soon as I'll find a bigger pentaprism I'll make it 24X36.
for more information about the fx mod visit www.eidomedia.com/hdv

Leo Mandy
August 16th, 2005, 09:08 AM
I got to give your guys credit, taking apart a $4000+ camera and modifying it - guts and glory, thanks for pushing the envelope. I have a hard time taking apart the CD players for the motor without destroying wires and you guys are doing this!

Chris Hurd
August 16th, 2005, 10:08 AM
(if someone has some web disk space please contact me)Matteo, you've got mail!

Quyen Le
August 16th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Matteo Ricchetti

I know the image is not upside down by looking at the setup, I asked about the right left orientation, is it OK?

The image is a little smaller than 24x36, how little? 18x24? what size of your penta prism?

Is the mirror used FS mirror? or regular mirror?

What is the macro lens used and any condenser used in this case?

Thanks.

Matteo Ricchetti
August 17th, 2005, 03:42 AM
the image is correct oriented.
Yes it is a FS mirror to avoid ghosting.
The image now is in between 18X24 & 24X36.
The macro lens is a 24mm reflex camera lens. Matteo

Cody Dulock
August 17th, 2005, 09:44 AM
FS mirror is a "front surface mirror" correct?? from my understanding the penta prisms dont invert or revert an image... is this right?

Matteo Ricchetti
August 17th, 2005, 11:23 AM
yes for FS.
From what I know about prisms you are right. I have used a reflex camera prism wich is by agreed called "pentaprism" but it seems to have more faces to reflect in a correct manner the image.

Cody Dulock
August 19th, 2005, 10:39 AM
do you know how many stops of light you lose from the mirror and prism?