View Full Version : Who here is in Seattle, WA?

Pages : [1] 2

Ronald Lee
August 18th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Hi there

I thought I'd send a note, since we're so close (I'm in Vancouver) and shoot down in Seattle sometimes.

Is anyone here from Seattle? I noticed a few guys in the past, on here, but they don't seem to get email from their profiles here. Bonus points if you own a Sony, haaa.

Rob Unck
August 18th, 2005, 05:02 PM
I'm in Seattle. Well, north of Seattle in Mill Creek, specifically. My day job is in Redmond.

As for the bonus points: I am the proud less-than-one-week owner of a PDX10. Bought it from a member of this very board, in fact.

Ronald Lee
August 18th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Yes! High five! The PDX10 rocks.

Jun Galinato
August 18th, 2005, 06:48 PM
I'm from Kent, 5 minutes drive to Seatac Airport. I have PD170 and VX2100. Daytime Electronics Technician job.

Rich Shivers
August 19th, 2005, 08:39 PM
I'm in Seattle. Alas, you are out of luck on the Sony ownership issue. I haven't bought anything yet, but after comparing specs and user reports, I think the Canon XL-2 is the best bet for the money I can afford to spend. Also, I know another user and having the same model obviously makes collaboration easier. I primarily came into film making as a way to get my own projects shot, and I have very little in the way of practical filming experience. My interests actually lie closer to the writing acting end of the business, but once I have the equipment I'll undoubtably doing some filming for local bands and shows at the very least, simply by virtue of being 25 in an art mad city. If you need help with a project, I'd be happy to consider it just for the experience on the other side of the camera. I am reasoonably computer literate and can wind up a cord as quickly as the next man. My primary email is easyliving@gmail.com

John Gaspain
August 21st, 2005, 01:04 AM
Hi Ronald,

Thanks for the email. Im still in Seattle area. I have a Sony HDR-FX1 and use Vegas 6. I get bonus points? :)

However, I havent used my stuff since March so...I may be putting the camera on ebay or something. Then when I get more time to do video I'll get a new cam, maybe one of the new panasonic HD disk based cams or something in the future. Right now ive been working 80 hours a week at my regular day job :( Sux to be me! :)

Ronald Lee
September 5th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Hi, just sent you all an email. Rich can you email me? Your account didn't have email.

Ron Armstrong
September 5th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Hi Ronald;
I live in Kent and manufacture the RONSRAIL equipment, primarily for the Canon XL series camera's and long lens combo's. I do wildlife and found I needed more stability using the long lenses,also found it hard to find the subject with the limited FOV afforded those lenses. Hence, the RONSIGHT and RONSRAIL.
No bonus points???

Ron Armstrong
September 5th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Hi Ronald;
I live in Kent and manufacture the RONSRAIL equipment, primarily for the Canon XL series camera's and long lens combo's. I do wildlife and found I needed more stability using the long lenses,also found it hard to find the subject with the limited FOV afforded those lenses. Hence, the RONSIGHT and RONSRAIL.
No bonus points???

Best;

Ron

Sorry about the lack of address in the previous and erroneous post!!

Jesse Stipek
September 6th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Aloha neighbors!

Brian Fischer
March 9th, 2006, 04:07 PM
I'm out here in Bremerton, across the Sound... Nice to meet you!

Regards,

Tony Tibbetts
March 9th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I live in West Seattle. Ron I've seen your rail at Glazers. Nice rig. I guess I get no bonus points since I own a Canon XL2 and a Panasonic GS400. Wait, I almost forgot, I do own a Sony Digital8 camcorder. Does that count for something? :)

Ben Ramsey
March 19th, 2006, 02:55 AM
I live in Puyallup which is about 45 minutes from Seattle (depending on how many cars are on the road). I own a Canon GL1 and hope to get a HDV cam this year. I work for a government cable channel and also do some freelance editing and videography on the side. This is a great site to learn about video gear. If anybody wants to hang out and talk about video stuff send me an email.

Erik Vilinskas
March 22nd, 2006, 07:21 PM
Writing to say Hi from Seattle. It's good to see there are other people in the 'neighborhood'.

People seem to post their favorite (H)DV shooting and editing flavors here, so I'll do the same;

My recent projects as a shooter have been with the Canon XL1S, XL2, and the Panasonic DVX-100. I've used GL2s and a few JVC studio models too. I edit with my own Avid Express Pro HD / Protools system. Don't have a camera yet, but I'll be buying one sometime in the next few months and I'm on the fence at the moment about making the $$ commitment to an HDV camera and editing system upgrade. Maybe I'll stick with DV for another year and wait for the next wave of HDV equipment.

Well, Spring (and then Summer) is on its way, so cheers to having better shooting conditions for everybody here in the NW.

John Kang
March 22nd, 2006, 09:20 PM
Auburn was previously known as Slaughter, Wa after Sgt. Slaughter. No joke.

Own a FX-1, and recently the Letus35 Flip (Thanks Quyen). Using Vegas Movie Platnum. Volunteering my time to a Korean TV channel KO-AM tv but proudly working for the government.

Should set up some type of monthly meet and greet type of setting.

Shaun Murphy
March 23rd, 2006, 10:18 AM
Born & Raised is Seattle, Granite Falls is home now... Just a bit of a drive...

About to buy Sony's HVR-A1U..

Guy Cochran
March 23rd, 2006, 02:45 PM
We have a studio up north of Seattle in beautiful Mukilteo.

Mostly a Canon shop, but have a few Sony's.

Just a couple quick local places you guys might want to check out:

http://911media.org/

http://dbug.org/sigs/digvideo/

http://www.wigglyworld.org/

http://whatcomfilmandvideo.com/

Michael Ragen
August 11th, 2006, 10:09 AM
what's up everyone. i live in seattle near madrona. i shoot with an hvx200 and edit with final cut. just put down a deposit on a red... anyone have a spare 20 grand now that you know i'm your neighbor?
-mike

Mack Fisher
August 11th, 2006, 11:38 AM
I live in seattle. If you need stock let me know.

Peter Orr
August 17th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Hi all!

I'm a student in Seattle. I just bought a GL2 and have an Optura 10 and I edit on Adobe Premiere. At work I get to use Panasonic DVX100's and Final Cut Pro.
I am working toward a career in advertising where I can use my video knowledge, as well as graphic design and puppetry experience, for television commercials and short films.

Stefan Scherperel
August 18th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Also from West Seattle here. Shoot mainly with a DVX100A and cut with vegas, and do mostly independent contract work for various productions studios around here. Currently working on getting an A1 when they become available.

Bob Howard
September 3rd, 2006, 01:35 PM
PUYALLUP is now home after a loooong career in commercial and public broadcasting (KING-TV & KCTS/9) both as a tech and talent. First camera I worked on was a RCA TK30 - 1952 era. First editing was with a razor blade and a microscope - 1956 era. First big shoot was on the Apollo 17 (last moon walk) landing in the South Pacific. My how times have changed.....a GL2 is my current toy.

Joseph Andolina
September 14th, 2006, 10:04 AM
I'm in Everett. Some of my friends who live in Tacoma consider Everett at the edge of the world :) I have a XL2, Mac G4 w/FCP4 & 5, a Firestore 4. Hope all on this side off the States are doing well :) I work full time for Comcast Cable, (unfortunetly not with video, but as a Dispatcher), but have been freelancing in video production as a camera man and editor. In the middle of working on a Industrial type short for Boeing. I love my XL2! It rocks!!
Those of you who have used Glaziers in Seattle, I've decided to stop using them for rentals. They now require a deposit for the amount of the actual worth of the equipment!!! (didn't matter that I've been renting from them for years.) I'll just go to Victory Studios. Perhaps a little higher on their rental rates, but better than having to make sure I have 1400.00 available on my credit card to rent a Wide Angle lense for the XL2. Could you imagine if wanting to rent something like the XL H1 from Glaziers, having to put $9,000.00 deposit down!!! Rediculous. they should do like Victory does, if you don't have your own insurance, charge 20% more on the rental.

Sorry for the venting...

Joe

Eric Brown
September 14th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Officially moving from Burbank, CA to Shoreline, WA with my wife in five days.
Will be doing freelance prop design full time for my normal animation biz job for about a year but ready to make the move to doing my film/digital stuff all the time.
I have an Xl2 and DVX100B and cut in FCP and sometimes iMovie because it's stupidly simple... just like me.

Cody Lucido
September 14th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I am a senior editor/producer by day and a mad indie filmmaker by night and weekends. I have pushed my XL1s to the limit and sold it this week to make way for my A1 - pre-ordered from B&H.

I edit on an Intel iMac FCP 5.1 as well as the Adobe production suite on my XPS PC.

I have all the suspect gear including boom, shotgun mic and lights.

Shooting my next feature this spring and would love to meet some other indies for possible crew swapping.

Check out my website if interested: www.CodemanStudios.com

Ciao!

Craig Packard
October 3rd, 2006, 11:59 AM
Hey all,
I recently moved back to the Seattle area after ten years in L.A. I shot my first feature this past summer in Skagit Valley on a GY-HD100. Our website is: www.bigplansthemovie.com

I'm now wrestling with editing HDV in FCP. I struggled with Lumiere, then decided to wait for the 5.1.2 update. Now I'm trying to capture my footage without losing any of it. If there are any experts out there, I could use all the help I can get.

I'm also interested in creating a real film community here. There is a lot of filming going on here, but no one knows about it and there are few outlets, and not much publicity. I can easily imagine a regular feature in either the Stranger or the Weekly (or both) on local production. Whadaya think?

Cody Lucido
October 3rd, 2006, 01:11 PM
Welcome back!

Adam Houde
October 9th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Hi,
I'm new to the area.
I've got a XL1s and am willing to help out on about any project.

Dave Stiles
October 9th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Looks like I'm the southern most to check in for now...

I'm down at The Evergreen State College in Olympia, and currently taking a year long program entitiled MediaWorks. In the spring I'll be headed to the Yellowstone area to document the new baby animals for my final project.

I've played with some video, and did a cooking show for Campus TV a few years ago when I started college here by using palmcorders and iMovie. I have also completed a short, playful video on coyote pups. For those w/ quicktime here is the web address for it ... it was shot using a Nikon fieldscope with an eyepiece CCD patched into a palmcorder to record the analog output.

http://academic.evergreen.edu/s/stidav22/Quicktime%20Movies/BlacktailCoyotePups.mov

Currently I use an XL2 and have two G4 laptops to work with. For audio I capture it on a Marantz PMD671.

Anyway, thought I'd check in, even though those in Seattle may say I am too far south, it's only a short drive north from here to there.

Eric Brown
October 18th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Everyone, try

http://www.nwfilmforum.org/

This seems to be one of the biggest things for indie /semi-pro? film going on here in the city. I'm going to become a member for the sake of networking and supporting the cause.

Eric Brown
October 18th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Hey all,
I recently moved back to the Seattle area after ten years in L.A. I shot my first feature this past summer in Skagit Valley on a GY-HD100. Our website is: www.bigplansthemovie.com

I'm now wrestling with editing HDV in FCP. I struggled with Lumiere, then decided to wait for the 5.1.2 update. Now I'm trying to capture my footage without losing any of it. If there are any experts out there, I could use all the help I can get.

I'm also interested in creating a real film community here. There is a lot of filming going on here, but no one knows about it and there are few outlets, and not much publicity. I can easily imagine a regular feature in either the Stranger or the Weekly (or both) on local production. Whadaya think?

Yeah, not much going on here unless you know where to look, which I don't really. NWFF seems interesting as I posted above. There's also the SIFF (Seattle International Film Festival) sign up for their newsletter to stay informed.

Jeremy Clark
October 19th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Hi Everyone,

I live in Redmond , WA and shoot mostly stock HD footage. JVC GY-HD100U, XL1, FCP5.1, Shake, Premiere Pro, Cubase SX, and host of midi gear. Mack, looks like we're doing to same kind of work - maybe we can hook up sometime. My web site will be under construction for several months, fusionhidef.com. Personal email is j_clark@comcast.net.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Ken Diewert
October 19th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Hey Seattle guys,

Anyone have any relatively secure extra space in their driveway or garage for a Nissan Xterra for a month. We're flying to Costa Rica for a month - out of Seattle. From Jan 9th to Feb 11th, 2007.

Will pay up to $150 or so. Ideally closer to the airport would be better.

I can be reached here or by phone at 1-800-518-8378.

Thanks.

Shawn Anderson
October 19th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Wow, nice to see theres a thriving community here. Just moved from Denver CO and was unsure as to who Id find to work with but looks like alot of good people in town with great cameras.
If anyone needs Use of a JVC HD100U/A with HHD recording, Steadicam work or use of a one ton G and E truck let me know. trying to make contacts and stay busy, on the same note I might have a multicam shoot coming up and might need 3 more cameras so ill post here first.
Gear list and reel on my site www.andersonlivemedia.com
Drop a line to say hi!

Jeremy Clark
October 24th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Shawn, welcome to Seattle. I'm just getting started with my JVC 110U, shooting mostly scenics & outdoor footage right now. Would you be willing to teach lessons?

Thanks
Jeremy

Shawn Anderson
October 24th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Sure! not sure what I can teach you as Im not sure as to what level your knowledge is at but Id be happy to talk shop with you. Im at 303-875-1177.

Dion LaBlue
December 19th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Just dropping a quick line to say hello. I'm a DP/Editor with experience in the Music Industry side of things. I have experience as a Producer and Director but have a mad passion for shooting and editing. I own an Panasonic HVX200 and a Sony PD150. I edit primarily in Vegas but can do all PC apps. I love After Effects. Live on North East Side of Seattle
...D...

Joseph Andolina
December 20th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Just dropping a quick line to say hello. I'm a DP/Editor with experience in the Music Industry side of things. I have experience as a Producer and Director but have a mad passion for shooting and editing. I own an Panasonic HVX200 and a Sony PD150. I edit primarily in Vegas but can do all PC apps. I love After Effects. Live on North East Side of Seattle
...D...

Hey Dion, how do you like the HVX 200? I will be using one around March for a upcoming project. Don't own one but it will be supplied by the producers. Right now I'm going through the online manual for it to pre-familiarize myself with it as much as one can do without having it in hand. Currently I own the XL2 which I love tremendously.

Joe

Dion LaBlue
December 27th, 2006, 07:36 PM
So far so good...I have only shot test footage so far but it looks great. I love the work flow of the P2 cards and the varicam style of shooting it provides. Although it is not a varicam I think it is amazing. I wish you luck with your shoot and if you're needing a second hand with it, shoot me an email
...D...

Billy Griffin
January 5th, 2007, 02:24 PM
New to this forum, and new to Seattle. Actually live in Orting. Moved here from Oklahoma back in August of '06.

Just made the jump into HDV from DV. Currently own the XH-A1 (former GL-2 owner). Do a lot a nature stuff, avid storm chaser.

www.billygriffin.com

Hope to find someone local with some editing equipment / reasonable rates.

bgriffin70@comcast.net

Bill Mecca
January 5th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Anyone in Seattle and surrounds know Tom Costanza? He shot news at KING 5 ( I think that was the one) and last I heard was teaching. He and I went to college together and worked as a news team back in the 80's.

if you do tell him to drop me a line at bill AT (insertmynameasoneword) dot com.

Thanks!!

Jeremy Clark
January 9th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Hi everyone,

I learned of a web site called "meetup" which allows people to meet others with similar interests in their local area. I'm actually part of a ski club on the Eastside, but there is a new digital video group in Seattle which looks fun as well:

http://dv.meetup.com/cities/us/wa/redmond/

Our first meeting is this Thursday (Jan 11th) at the address below. Make sure you register on the web site, and sign up to attend if you're interested. Maybe I'll see you there :)

Christoff Gallery
6004 12th Avenue South #17
Seattle, WA 98108

Adam Berman
January 13th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Hi everyone, I'm in Western Washington as well. Glad to meet you all. I've been playing around with the JVC GY-HD110U on some projects and having a lot of fun. Thought it would be great to meet others in the area.

Clyde Garrido
February 6th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Hey everyone. I'm shooting on an HVX200 and DVX100. Comedy and filmmaking are my main interest, but I do lots of freelance shooting. Contact info and some of my work at: http://clydehd.com

Alfred Diaz
April 9th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Hello everyone,

I live and work in Walla Walla. I shoot a Canon XL2 20x lesne, and various other equipment. I do mainly promotional video for commercial and nonprofit projects. But I shot my first wedding this Spring. And I actually enjoyed it, so I might do more.

Also, I man be needing a second cameraman with equipment for a couple all-day shoots in the Seattle area. And yes, I pay a very fair rate. But you have to have experience and a good camera. Canon XLs preferred.

Thanks.

Al Diaz
AD Video Productions
800 957 9381

Ram Ganesh
April 17th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Hi all,
I'm in Bellevue - I have a JVC HD100 - anyone going to the April 27ths JVC event?

Jim Stork
April 17th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Hi guys, I'm stationed in Tacoma! Anyone else in T-town, or Gig Harbor? Glad to know there's alot of great talent around! Cheers!

Jim Stork
www.ForestBeachFilms.com

Tup Wright
April 17th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Hi Y'all,

I live in the Meadowbrook/Lake City area of Seattle. I have been in the film industry since the early 90's. I have an XL1 which I will soon retire, a sanyo HD1 mpeg4 camera and a JVC HD100 with the LetusHD100 and Lomo primes, which got their first use last month on a music video. I also own a Konvas 35mm film camera, but have only shot on it twice as film cost is too high for what I do (I bought it for a project that never got off the ground). I use all Adobe products for my editing/compositing as well as virtualdub.

nice to meet everyone,

Tup Wright
www.tupware.com

Ronald Lee
August 7th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Hi there,

I may need a shooter this Sunday, August 12th, afternoon for two hours in Seattle. It's...for an interesting talk, email me if you are available to shoot. This is informal and casual.

Ron
eb7g@shaw.caNOSPAM

Stan Orchard
August 7th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Hi there. I am Seattle, born and bred. Also a rookie when it comes to video in general and especially HD. About to purchase a Canon XHA1 for my institution, Pacific Science Center. Enjoying this forum with lots of great advice. Look forward to learning more from all of you.

StanO