View Full Version : Problem with Sony Anycast

Rohan Dadswell
July 6th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Had a problem with a multicam shoot last night.

Trying to record out of a Sony Anycast switcher in PAL standard def.
The SDI signal would keep dropping out every 30-50 seconds. The NanoFlash recognized the signal but would then drop sync.
Tried several different cables - no difference.
Due to time pressures we gave up on the NF and found a tape deck to record to and got on with the interview.
After the gig I hooked the NF up to my camera (Sony PMW-350 outputting a SD signal) and all was fine.

Anyone got any ideas about what is different about the Anycast ? - it's not mine so I don't have access to it for any further testing.

Andy Mangrum
July 7th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Hello Rohan,

I would try feeding the signal to a monitor, to see if the signal ever flickers, or goes away without removing the SDI,

Secondly did the nanoFlash show any Error messages when it would loose source like "LOST SRC 00 01"?

This may help us debug this a bit further.

Best Regards

Rohan Dadswell
July 8th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Hi Andy,

In the very limited time we had to trouble shoot we did hook the Anycast straight to a monitor (Small HD DP6) - vision was stable. The Sony SX deck we ended up recording to was also stable.

There was a 'LOST SRC' message but in our panic I didn't take note of the number I'm afraid.
Next week I will see if they will let me run a few tests with the anycast.

Have checked the Nano with my cameras (Sony 350 & Panasonic AF-102) as well as a Panasonic switcher (AW-HS50) and all has been good.

Andy Mangrum
July 8th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Hello Rohan,

When you get a chance I would test it again, and if you need assistance debugging what may be causing this you can always call or email us directly.

Company | Convergent Design | Professional Video Recorders and Converters (http://www.convergent-design.com/Company/tabid/1649/Default.aspx)

Best Regards