View Full Version : Strange 24P DVD glitches

Craig Irving
July 13th, 2011, 01:30 PM
This might be an exclusive problem with the AME, but I've been following the guides published by Cineform for 24P DVD creation and am still having some issues.

I exported a Cineform 1080p24 master file from my project, and it's perfect. I've subsequently exported an H.264 MP4 file from that master, and it's perfect.

Where I am running into trouble is exporting that CF master to a DVD. It correctly identifies as 23.976fps in Encore and I transcode using those settings and here is what I experience:

- Noticeable jitter/shake of the entire image when still.
- Noticeable jitter/shake on text.

I understand DVDs still compile and store as 29.97 on the disc, but I did not think these anomalies would occur. Can I reduce them a different way?

Note: I don't mean motion judder, I mean the image/text shakes up and down.

Craig Irving
July 13th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Rendered it out using FCPX and no flaws. FCPX is finally good for something! :)

Craig Irving
July 13th, 2011, 04:23 PM
I've isolated the problem further. It does appear to be Cineform related, because if I use the MP4 file instead of my Cineform master to create the DVD it appears to have no problsm. So it is unrelated to frame rate.

I authored a DVD for pressing/distribution back in February using this same method and it had no problems. So I can only assume it has something to do with either i) a newer CF build, or ii) CS5.5