View Full Version : NX5u straight to dvd, no editing

Robert Rinkewich
July 31st, 2011, 08:26 PM
Hi,

I've been trying to search this topic, but have not had much luck.

Are you able to record Standard Def 16x9 to SD card on NX5U. Take the SD card to a windows 7 computer, and burn a simple DVD using the windows DVD maker software built into windows 7? And not have any transcoding. Just burn it do disk with a menu?

Thanks

Dan Asseff
July 31st, 2011, 08:49 PM
Robert, I have never used windows DVD maker but have used many other programs and have done that all the time. Its great for stuff that doesn't need a lot of editing and want to put it to DVD fast. You should have no problem with it.
Dan

Robert Rinkewich
July 31st, 2011, 08:51 PM
Dan,

thanks for the reply. I do alot of on location work where we deliver the dvds on the spot. I need to be able to burn 2 to 3 minute performances to DVD as quickly as possible. I have a Z7U, but the CF unit doesnt record mpeg2. Which lead me to the nx5u

Thanks

Johnnie Caraballo
August 1st, 2011, 02:46 PM
Its called the Sony Direct to DVD Recorder. You just plug in the camera and it will spit out a DVD with No editing or Computer required...

Sony DVDirect MC6 Multi-Function DVD Recorder VRDMC6 B&H Photo

Robert Rinkewich
August 1st, 2011, 04:52 PM
Johnnie

Thanks for the reply. We currently use the sony DVD recorders. We are trying to do away with recording our events directly to DVD. Instead shoot to sd cards. Then only burn to disk what we sell.

Thanks