View Full Version : cineform HD encoding - now free??? no more need for NEOPLAYER?

Justin Lovell
August 1st, 2011, 09:53 AM
Is this true? no more need for neoplayer?
Where should I be directing my clients to download the codec that allows the free encoder?

David Newman
August 1st, 2011, 10:48 AM
It is true, and been true for about 6 weeks.

The current page is CineForm Studio: Software Download (http://gopro.com/3d-cineform-studio-software-download/) although it have be found through the support links at GoPro.com.

Justin Lovell
August 1st, 2011, 12:57 PM
gah.. wish I'd known about this!

Can it encode to 720p, 1920p and 2048p... or restricted to certain resolutions?

I have 2048x856 cineform RAW footage to work with, and will need to be rendered out of the NLE... or should I be converting this to something else?

thanks!

David Newman
August 1st, 2011, 01:12 PM
Limited to 1920x1080 maximum

Justin Lovell
August 1st, 2011, 01:21 PM
so how do we use other resolutions

David Newman
August 1st, 2011, 01:28 PM
Same as before, buy a product.

Justin Lovell
August 1st, 2011, 01:31 PM
what product?

I heard neo is being discontinued... so is the road map clear for what is going on?

Is there any formal news blast/postin explaining what is going on with the product line?

David Newman
August 1st, 2011, 01:33 PM
All this has been said many times. Neo is becoming CineForm Studio Premium. Just a name change, licenses transfer. Purchase as normal.

Justin Lovell
August 1st, 2011, 01:39 PM
It may have been said many times before, but I don't see a single post about it in the forum. Could you Create a STICKY at the top as an ANNOUNCEMENT... I'm sure other users would appreciate this, and would avoid you being pestered by having to tell people that you've answered this question before.

David Newman
August 1st, 2011, 02:05 PM
I was talking press releases, interviews, PR in general covered this at NAB. We always migrate product licenses, so not need for a sticky, nothing really has changed. When Studio Premium is ready, then the web site will reflect that.

Charles W. Hull
August 1st, 2011, 07:46 PM

The current page is CineForm Studio: Software Download (http://gopro.com/3d-cineform-studio-software-download/) although it have be found through the support links at GoPro.com.
I use CineForm Studio with my GoPro 3D but it only converts mp4, not other file types.

David, will CineForm Studio Pro have the file trimming feature? This has been on my CineForm wish list forever and I really appreciate this in CineForm Studio.

David Newman
August 1st, 2011, 09:37 PM
Visual file trimming before conversion is coming for other cameras when we move Neo under the Studio name and it tools.

Charles W. Hull
August 2nd, 2011, 02:49 PM
Visual file trimming before conversion is coming for other cameras when we move Neo under the Studio name and it tools.
Fantastic - I'm looking forward to that!

Christopher Young
August 4th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Hi Folks!
Can anyone tell me what is going on with the Cineform.com site. Tech notes, Tech Blog, Updates are all coming up with HTTP 500 internal errors. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come since the GoPro take over!

Chris Young
Sydney

David Newman
August 4th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Please try again. All working from here (my home.)

Christopher Young
August 4th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Agreed! All working now??

Chris Young
Sydney

Jon Shohet
August 4th, 2011, 07:04 PM
When you install this free version (don't really want to try it as I already have Neoscene installed) does a vfw/directshow codec that's available to all editing/encoding applications get installed as well?

Bruce Phung
August 9th, 2011, 09:24 AM

David,

Can you please zip it here for me because I could not download it, I keep getting denied error code.. I have tried to download on two different computer. Both computer are NO go.

I've Neoscene on my Desktop. I want to try GoPro Cineform Studio on my laptop.

David Newman
August 9th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Yes, VFW is included.

Jon Shohet
August 22nd, 2011, 04:15 AM
Still not understanding how this places NeoScene in the new product line...

Neo->CineForm Studio Premium
Neo3d->CineForm Studio Professional

Does this basically mean -
NeoScene->CineForm Studio (freeware?)

In any case, this is a very generous gift for the video community, much appreciated.
It would be nice if you would also make available a simple VfW Codec Installer (something like the Matrox VfW Codec) for those who just want to use CineForm in VirtualDub/Avisynth. Just a thought.

Also, If CineForm Studio is going to replace the Neo Player, it would be nice to be able to download it without the need for registration.

David Newman
August 22nd, 2011, 08:57 AM
NeoScene is not completely replaced by GoPro CineForm Studio, but we are working in that direction.

Use the free application to get the codec, as it include VfW support.

Jon Shohet
August 22nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
"Use the free application to get the codec, as it include VfW support"

Yes. I do understand, I was just thinking it would be great to have the option to install just the codec itself, without the application.

Anyway, thanks again :)